Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

My build thread (56k user beware)

Go down 
+8
doc_auto
batty1214
bigcountry78
johnboggs21
007jimmy
76silverado
merlin5577
FaselZ71
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 6th 2009, 1:43 am

Yeah a build thread would be very welcomed!! I have pics of the work I've done today however either my camera is plucking up or the website doesn't like my pics because they all seem to have the grey strip and the disfiguring that the pic of my front axle has... I don't know if it's a site thing or what but it's driving me nuts!
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 6th 2009, 12:03 pm

okay, a build thread is coming soon.and, im looking forward to the continueation of yours.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 6th 2009, 6:38 pm

Ok awesome! And I'll gladly updating on a regular basis! Unforuntaly until I figure out this photo thing there aren't gonna be many pics!
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 9th 2009, 11:58 am

Ok so here is what I've done to the bumper so far... Not alot but I've been really busy doing other hunting!
My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5667

Here's a better shot of the welds that are holding everything together! And yes this is the 110v lincoln welder!
My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5662

Yet on a different note. I've been busy trying to find a part that'll allow my 208's cable driven speedo to work with my OBD1 computer and allow my speedo to work.. Because currently my speedo doesn't work and my SES light is on and my truck is running horribly and getting horendous mileage because the VSS works with the EGR the TBI the transmission and the ECM to help performance and mileage! However my search has yielded no results. So if anyone knows where to find this part please let me know I've searched Jegs and Summit and Painless and Jagsthatrun and even called the local 4x4 shop and he told me there is a company that makes it but he doesn't know because he's never had to deal with do it!
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 9th 2009, 2:39 pm

i emailed painless, and within 2 days had the part number i was needing..... i couldnt find it by searching the site.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 10th 2009, 9:16 am

Yeah I shot an email to summit and should hear back soon but I called painless and talked to a rep on the phone told him what I needed and that's a part that they don't make! I guess not alot of people do this kind of swap! Atleast I know I'll have a one of a kind truck!!! lol
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 10th 2009, 10:21 am

yea locky you, a one off build means an expensive scavenger hunt to make it all work right lol. i see your fenders are kinda rusty from those michigan winters, do you plan to fix that?
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 10th 2009, 10:30 am

Oh yes that'll be fixed as will the rotted cab corners and the rusted out box and rockers... The only thing on the truck the truck that doesn't have rust on it is the doors! I'm not to concerned about rust right now though I just wanna get it jacked up and I'll be wheeling with it so rust is the least of my worries when you thing about creased body panels and large scratches due to the trees and rocks here in michigan!

And yes expensive hunting is expected however my problem may be solved because my dad is working in Minot ND right now and he's coming home for Thanksgiving and I found a 241 transfer case out of a 1990 jimmy in Fargo ND for $100... The older 241's had the pass side drop and the VSS not to mention the older 241's have a lower crawl ratio then the 208's so I'll be getting everything I need and the added benefits of a lower crawl ratio! I just might be able to kill all the birds with just one stone which would make my day!!
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 15th 2009, 10:55 pm

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 16th 2009, 10:14 am

Yeah I'm gonna need it for sure
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 23rd 2009, 11:01 am

Well the search is over!! I've found a NP241 out of a 1990 chevy blazer! The case sat outside for over a year and had to endure the michgan climate without the protection of lube or the protection of a vehical... So I figured a rebuild was in order and so it began the case itself was free and came with a complentary gallon of really cool looking pink creamy water!!! Soooo.... Apart came the case and in when a new morse chain new seals and bearings and brand spanking new permatex ultra blue!! In she went and now I have my VSS back which means my speedo and my OD and lockup and my mileage all came back! However now my truck has a slight vibration and I think it's a bad ujoint because I wasn't very nice when the old one came out so I'm sure I damaged the joint however I pray I'm able to get it done the weekend of the 28th although I'm not getting my hopes up I've still got alot of work to do on the axles before they're ready to go in and with work and having to drive 80 miles a day or more and the holiday coming up I fear there's just to much to do in the amount of time I have to do it in!! But I do have pics of the case rebuild I'll get the posted ASAP!!!
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 23rd 2009, 11:44 am

Ok so as promised I have lots of pics from rebuilding my NP241 these pics are great reference shots and if you guys want I can make another thread in the transmission tech section that'll explain in grave detail the breakdown and rebuild of NP241's and NP208 cases!

However on with the pics!!

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5680

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5681

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5682

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5683

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5684

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5685

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5687

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5689

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5690

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5691

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5693

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5694

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5695

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5696

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5697

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5698

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5699

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 100_5700
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 23rd 2009, 5:53 pm

Thanks for the update Fasel. That transfer case doesnt look too bad, any hard parts need to be replaced?
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 25th 2009, 2:47 pm

Nah the case wasn't in bad shape at all it just needed to have a good cleaning I put a new chain in just because it had some surface rust on it and I just wanted to know that the chain was good so monster transmission told me to use morse chains so I got one of those and it seems to be holding up...
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 25th 2009, 11:04 pm

one thing I noticed.... get a ball pen hammer man!!! or a rubber mallet....... whats this using a carpenters hammer for mechanics?????? just noticed that and had to give you crap........ How much did the new chain for your T case cost you? Im going to be replacing Tcase in my 95 after this winter...(if it doesnt crap out before then)
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyNovember 26th 2009, 10:42 pm

Yeah I just had to give it a few taps and my mallot was on the other end of the garge the stanley was within arms reach... lol The chain costed me 145.99 from the local 4x4 shop a buddy gave me a good deal on one!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 6th 2010, 7:34 pm

Hey slacker.... any updates on this? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyMarch 10th 2010, 11:46 pm

Hey guys it's been a long long long long long long long time time coming but guess what?!?!

IT'S FINALLY BEGUN!!!!!!

So as of Saturday afternoon I began the SAS on my truck and it is nearly completed! I have a few shots of things right now but only have the one off my camera I have about 30 more on my cell phone but that takes a long time so I'll get all the pics soon and do a very indepth report of everything I did but for now lets just do a brief summary of my last few days!!!

And now the moment you've all been waiting for!

This is the beginning the only thing I've taken off is the tires!

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 SAS5

Here's the truck with the IFS completely removed

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 SAS4

Here is after I got the leaf springs mounted in place

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 SAS3

Here's the ever present work in progress photo and I had to throw the rocker fingers in there!

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 SAS2

Here's the truck supporting it's own wieght for the first time!

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 SAS1

Here's the front end all put together ready to roll!

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 Frontend1

Here is the truck sitting at ride height!!!!

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 Rideheight

And here is the rear end in progress!

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 Rearend1

Now I have alot more pics yet to come this is just a summary of what I've got done so far! After it's completely done I'll do a step by step breakdown of the whole lift process and is gonna be quit a long winded topic to say the least! Until then enjoy what there is to see here and know this!!! After all this time and all the hurdles my truck is finally Solid Axled!!!!!
Cool
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 7:47 am

wow.. you got yours done before me.. lol.. congrates.. its been a long time comin..
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 11:21 am

Yeah I agree it's been a long time a very long time!!

But I did get myself a pretty sweet looking burn!! I was torching a bolt off and when I burnt through it it fell off directly onto my arm!

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 My_bur10
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 12:15 pm

yummy. the truck looks good!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 12:17 pm

SWEET!! Truck looks great Brian! The arm, not so much!
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 2:38 pm

FaselZ71 wrote:
Yeah I agree it's been a long time a very long time!!

But I did get myself a pretty sweet looking burn!! I was torching a bolt off and when I burnt through it it fell off directly onto my arm!

My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 My_bur10

bet u had a few choice words when that happened lol.

Is that a wooden block holding up the truck in the first couple pics?
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 6:37 pm

Is that a wooden block holding up the truck in the first couple pics?[/quote]

i bet it is. Never use concrete or cinder blocks cuz they can break
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 EmptyMarch 11th 2010, 8:25 pm

haha good use for a birch block. I guess your jackstands probly werent tall enough eh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My build thread (56k user beware)   My build thread (56k user beware) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My build thread (56k user beware)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next