Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Chrysler: Ram HD Buyers Aren't Sheep

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Chrysler: Ram HD Buyers Aren't Sheep Empty
PostSubject: Chrysler: Ram HD Buyers Aren't Sheep   Chrysler: Ram HD Buyers Aren't Sheep EmptyOctober 15th 2009, 2:00 pm

Pickup truck buyers are incredibly demanding. A new truck might be used for recreation, commercial work or both. Full-size truck manufacturers are constantly challenged to develop trucks with the features, capabilities and configurations required to stay competitive and relevant.

What’s the secret to success? It’s knowing the customers and their needs – in some cases, all the way down to the clothes they wear.

In developing the new 2010 Ram Heavy Duty 2500 and 3500 pickup trucks, Chrysler invested more time than ever before learning about the customers that buy these trucks, according to Mark Heber, head of Ram brand truck marketing.

“We did a ton of research,” Heber said. “We’ve done more research on this vehicle than anything else. Our engineers went out and they got dirty with these guys: shoulder-to-shoulder, elbow-to-elbow. We did focus groups. We did one-on-ones. We’ve done more research on this truck than you can imagine.”

So, who is the typical Ram Heavy Duty buyer? Heber recites the following like a successful farmer who knows his flock:

•Average height: 5-foot-11
•Average weight: 203-pounds
•They’re big breakfast eaters. Not Starbucks, but eggs, pancakes and sausage and, particularly, bacon. They eat lots of bacon.
•2/3 own dogs. Of those, 50% own two or more
•50% own a trailer
•80% wear jeans on a daily basis
•They’re big radio listeners
•97% of buyers who use their truck for work also use it for play
Heber calls buyers who use their trucks for both vocational and recreational activities “super users.” These Ram owners also have two trailers, one for work and another for play.

With such diverse and demanding customer needs, though, Heber is clear about one thing that Ram HD buyers don’t do.

“Ram Heavy Duty buyers don’t watch ‘Sex and the City’.”

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/10/chrysler-ram-heavy-duty-buyers-arent-sheep.html
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Chrysler: Ram HD Buyers Aren't Sheep   Chrysler: Ram HD Buyers Aren't Sheep EmptyOctober 15th 2009, 6:23 pm

lol... i wish chevy would put this much effort into its trucks..
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Chrysler: Ram HD Buyers Aren't Sheep   Chrysler: Ram HD Buyers Aren't Sheep EmptyOctober 15th 2009, 8:58 pm

I thought they had.... lol!
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Chrysler: Ram HD Buyers Aren't Sheep   Chrysler: Ram HD Buyers Aren't Sheep EmptyOctober 16th 2009, 10:27 am

merlin5577 wrote:
I thought they had.... lol!

I don't think that they have!! And I believe that for a couple reasons... #1 If GM paid attention to what their customers wanted the first thing that would change is the front suspension that IFS bulsh*t would be out the window and the 14 bolt/Dana 60/44 would be back in place also they'd be back to leafsprings style front suspension and they'd hopefully eliminate the NP243 electronic Tcase and alteast go back to the NP241 pass drop for it's low gear ratio or even the NP208! In fact I'd love to see and off the lot Dmax with a D60 up front and a 205 Tcase that would be one hell of a drivetrain! But no they're geared for the luxury ride of the crappy IFS suspension it drives me nuts!!!

One of Offroaddirect.com's biggest money makers is their Solid Axle Kit for Chevy and GM 2500 pickups!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chrysler: Ram HD Buyers Aren't Sheep   Chrysler: Ram HD Buyers Aren't Sheep Empty

Back to top Go down

Chrysler: Ram HD Buyers Aren't Sheep
Page 1 of 1