Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Premixed antifreeze... why?

Go down 
+3
batty1214
stealthdawg09
merlin5577
7 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Premixed antifreeze... why? Empty
PostSubject: Premixed antifreeze... why?   Premixed antifreeze... why? EmptyOctober 5th 2009, 8:24 pm

I was at the auto parts store picking up some fluids and saw a huge display with premixed antifreeze for 'only' $8.99 a gallon. But the full strength regular stuff is $9.99 a gallon. Why would anyone buy premixed? I dont get it. If you buy regular antifreeze its only a dollar more, and you get twice as much if you run a 50/50 mix.
Back to top Go down
stealthdawg09
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Premixed antifreeze... why?   Premixed antifreeze... why? EmptyOctober 5th 2009, 8:36 pm

merlin5577 wrote:
I was at the auto parts store picking up some fluids and saw a huge display with premixed antifreeze for 'only' $8.99 a gallon. But the full strength regular stuff is $9.99 a gallon. Why would anyone buy premixed? I dont get it. If you buy regular antifreeze its only a dollar more, and you get twice as much if you run a 50/50 mix.

Cos some people aint to bright Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: Premixed antifreeze... why?   Premixed antifreeze... why? EmptyOctober 5th 2009, 8:43 pm

umm.... alot of people are still microwave people.... you know, they want things quick and easy..... no thinking, just do it and be done....
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Premixed antifreeze... why?   Premixed antifreeze... why? EmptyOctober 5th 2009, 9:06 pm

I bought premix at wal-mart the other day, but only because they didnt have any other kind. It was only $5.50 though...........
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Premixed antifreeze... why?   Premixed antifreeze... why? EmptyOctober 5th 2009, 9:14 pm

I can understand the whole time advantage, but for the amount of money saved by mixing your own, I cant justify it.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

PostSubject: Re: Premixed antifreeze... why?   Premixed antifreeze... why? EmptyOctober 5th 2009, 9:45 pm

i totally agree, i dont buy the premix either..... due to the cost factor.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Premixed antifreeze... why?   Premixed antifreeze... why? EmptyOctober 6th 2009, 2:06 am

i buy premix to keep behind the seat in the truck but if im doing a rad flush or something where the rads drained i use the consentrate stuff... premix is only good for when you dont have a water source around.. or your just plan stupid.. lol
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Premixed antifreeze... why?   Premixed antifreeze... why? EmptyOctober 6th 2009, 8:34 am

I'm with Jimmy
I have a jug for those quicky top ups
I also buy it cause my motherinlaws Neon goes through antifreeze like it goes through oil.
She's learned to check and top up her own fluids now.
Your not stupid to buy it Premixed 50/50 is just a matter of convenience.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Premixed antifreeze... why?   Premixed antifreeze... why? EmptyOctober 6th 2009, 12:24 pm

Alright, I can see the convenience thing. If your stuck and dont have water then it makes sence. But for keeping it behind the back seat it would still be cheaper to buy strait coolant and mix your own.
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Premixed antifreeze... why?   Premixed antifreeze... why? EmptyOctober 6th 2009, 5:56 pm

I always buy unmixed!! I was at the department store one day and I grabbed a jug of unmixed and the guy at the store actually said "You know you have to mix that stuff right?" I said "Yeah I know" and he said back to me "We've got premixed coolant you know" and I said "Yeah I know but why buy a gallon of mixed when I can buy a gallon of regular and mix in a gallon of water and have twice as much..." And he said "Wow I never thought of it like that!"

So people just don't have the thought processes that we do and that maybe why they buy the premixed is because they physically don't think like we do...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Premixed antifreeze... why?   Premixed antifreeze... why? Empty

Back to top Go down

Premixed antifreeze... why?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Mechanics Corner :: Engine Tech-
Jump to: