Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

not so much my 'pride and joy'

Go down 
+2
merlin5577
79_bronco
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 7:27 pm

each ford motor 'family' has it's own bellhousing.. FE motors (360 and 390's) had their own, Modifieds (351M/400) shared the 429/460 series bellhousing, ONLY because the modifieds were a cross between a few of the ford families.. they used a windsor crank with 3" journals(which explains their terrible bottom end problems), 351C(cleavland) style heads and intake, so on, so forth. a BIG upgrade for the modified family is using a cleavland top end(heads, intake, etc).

you really have to be a ford guy to know what fits what, or else you're just a newb in the world of ford swaps lol!
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 10:13 pm

i was just pissin in the wind when i did the 351/460 swap.. didnt know if the tranny was gonna work when i got the motor but by the time i was done i could tell you what fit what and what didnt/
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 EmptyNovember 28th 2009, 10:20 pm

lol that's the same way i learned.. too many people think you can use a 2.3L bellhousing on a 302, but it's a lie.. it's way too small.. the 2.3L bellhousing is about the same size as a 5.0 flywheel, so how's that supposed to work? lol
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 EmptyNovember 29th 2009, 12:10 am

It ain't.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 EmptyNovember 29th 2009, 12:15 am

it's mostly these retard kids that buy mustangs and think they're instant ford gurus that spread retarded, incorrect info around like that.. typical run-of-the-mill know it all spoiled punks lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 EmptyNovember 30th 2009, 3:19 am

007jimmy wrote:
i had a 351m in my bronco and i kept the same tranny n it when i put a 460 so....

and joe, your 351M was a big block.. lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 EmptyNovember 30th 2009, 3:31 am

very small updates.. very small.. i put my fenders on, bolted my hood back up and put my bed back on.. WOO GO ME! it's supposed to rain tomorrow so i won't be working on it.. tuesday is supposed to be decent, so i might spend a few hours tinkering with it, mostly try and knock out some of the body work and MAYBE monoleaf the back since i found the new leaf purch bolt stud things i had.. whatever you wanna call them lol..

if i get down to my buddy josh's this week and get all the stuff that was in my old shop, i'll be pulling the 2.8 and trans out and start fabing my motor mounts so i can drop the 306 in.. then it's off to the junkyard to pick up some GT40 heads since there's an explorer in the yard that isn't be be touched until thursday. then i just need an intake and try finding someone to trade my 351W MSD distributor for a 302 version

look, my sonoma gets some camera love! lmao

not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 101_1758
not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 101_1759
not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 101_1760
not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 101_1762
not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 101_1763
not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 101_1764
not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 101_1766
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 EmptyNovember 30th 2009, 3:42 pm

i think your missing something on your 2nd gen.. lol there called tires and they help you not to groove the road and throw sparks.. they also help in turning
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 EmptyDecember 1st 2009, 1:19 am

who needs tires when it's not moving LOL
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 EmptyDecember 4th 2009, 3:16 am

well it looks like this truck will be getting no attention after next week.. next wednesday or thursday, i should have a new toy in the yard.. 89 tbird SC, 5 spd Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 EmptyDecember 4th 2009, 9:22 am

whats wrong with this one.. haha
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 EmptyDecember 4th 2009, 1:09 pm

new motor needs to be finished up. has a fuel problem, no pressure at all. i have the assumption that it needs a relay.. i can't pass it up for the price. i still have all my bolt on's from my old 89.. 15% SCP pulley, pre-tuned jet chip, SCP fresh air intake, custom front mount intercooler, stock 5.0 HO throttle body(10mm bigger) and raised SC hat. i can't wait to dive into this 1.. a few days and it should be on the road Very Happy
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 EmptyDecember 4th 2009, 6:15 pm

oh god.. good thing i aint going down the shore till spring.. by then you should have it blown up.. lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 EmptyDecember 8th 2009, 3:14 am

HA, not! the only bad thing they are known for is blowing head gaskets.. this 1 has a fresh deck and head gasket job.. so eat it! lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 EmptyDecember 8th 2009, 3:14 am

HA, not! the only bad thing they are known for is blowing head gaskets.. this 1 has a fresh deck and head gasket job.. so eat it! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: not so much my 'pride and joy'   not so much my 'pride and joy' - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

not so much my 'pride and joy'
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2