Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Back From Another Haul (with pics!)

Go down 
+2
merlin5577
1993GMCSierra
6 posters
AuthorMessage
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

Back From Another Haul (with pics!) Empty
PostSubject: Back From Another Haul (with pics!)   Back From Another Haul (with pics!) EmptySeptember 11th 2009, 10:48 pm

first off, my new TV.

1965-1968 Magnavox Color (tube) TV. Auto Tuning, Auto Color Tone, Auto Color Alignment, etc. It works (although a tune up won't hurt)
Back From Another Haul (with pics!) 9-11-09003

About 30 8-Tracks, You can have them for $1 each, I'm keeping the disco ones (LMAO)
Back From Another Haul (with pics!) 9-11-09004

ca. 1975 RCA Audio Receiver. Does a little of everything. For sale. I'll never use it.
Back From Another Haul (with pics!) 9-11-09005

ca. 1974 Centrex 8 Track Player with EQ
Back From Another Haul (with pics!) 9-11-09006

Two RCA speakers, 8" Woofers, and 2 1 1/4" tweeters per speaker. For sale.
Back From Another Haul (with pics!) 9-11-09007

ca. 1965 MasterCraft AM/FM Radio. Very nice. Needs power cord (old one shot sparks everywhere)
Back From Another Haul (with pics!) 9-11-09008

(And some records)

Not bad for free Laughing
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Back From Another Haul (with pics!)   Back From Another Haul (with pics!) EmptySeptember 11th 2009, 10:50 pm

Laughing My dad has that exact same '1974 Centrex 8 Track Player with EQ' in his bedroom.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Back From Another Haul (with pics!)   Back From Another Haul (with pics!) EmptySeptember 11th 2009, 10:51 pm

Whats with the yellow screen on the TV?
Back to top Go down
SouthernDawg09
SouthernDawg09

PostSubject: Re: Back From Another Haul (with pics!)   Back From Another Haul (with pics!) EmptySeptember 11th 2009, 10:51 pm

Awesome stuff!
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Back From Another Haul (with pics!)   Back From Another Haul (with pics!) EmptySeptember 11th 2009, 10:56 pm

LOL nice.

Glad you asked.

The yellow is a common thing on 60's color sets. Apparently, some test was done to early color tubes, and there was a "slight presence of radiation" detected. Of course, in the 50's people were DEATHLY afraid of nuclear bombs, and so on.

So, some companies in the early 60's on, applied a plastic(ish) layer between the picture tube and the glass lens. To "cancel out the radiation." Well, over time, the glue used to hold it gets air in it. It takes 30 years or so for it to happen, but it results in a green (or black) surround to the screen. I can be removed ,however, you run the risk of imploding the picture tube by fixing it. When the set is running, you cannot tell it's there.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Back From Another Haul (with pics!)   Back From Another Haul (with pics!) EmptySeptember 11th 2009, 10:57 pm

William you never cease to amaze me.
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Back From Another Haul (with pics!)   Back From Another Haul (with pics!) EmptySeptember 11th 2009, 11:21 pm

I think that you have to do what you like. and in order for you to do it right, you have to know how to do it darn well. and if you don't know about the history or process of it darn well, you won't be doing it for long. Either due to boredom, or natural selection. Laughing

^ Translated:

Thank you for the compliment.
Back to top Go down
animal

animal

PostSubject: Re: Back From Another Haul (with pics!)   Back From Another Haul (with pics!) EmptySeptember 11th 2009, 11:38 pm

thats cool crap man

those dials on the last radio? would make cool speed faceplates if ya could calibrate them right
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Back From Another Haul (with pics!)   Back From Another Haul (with pics!) EmptySeptember 12th 2009, 2:03 am

my mom saw the pic of the tv and said they used to have 1 when she was growing up.. then i reminded her she's old hahahah
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Back From Another Haul (with pics!)   Back From Another Haul (with pics!) EmptySeptember 12th 2009, 10:23 pm

^ LOL
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Back From Another Haul (with pics!)   Back From Another Haul (with pics!) EmptySeptember 13th 2009, 7:48 pm

Just an update......
The TV now works fine, power cord had a little issue...nothing that squeezing a few female connectors for a tighter connection didn't solve.

The Centrex works, need speakers to test the audio section.

The RCA does not power on, I'll need to do some basic integrity tests. It may just need a Off/On switch contact cleaning.

The RCA speakers are DOA. The tweeters work, but both the midranges are gone. One has a fried coil (locked in place) and the other one has a shredded cone.

The MasterCraft radio works GREAT. Turns out, the TV and the radio have the same power cord, so I just plugged the TV cord into the radio, did some integrity tests, and BAM! perfect. Works GREAT. It doesn't even need a recap at this point. All checks out great. Quite a surprise.

Haven't tested out the 8-tracks or the records. I'm assuming they are functional. (and for sale)

I also have a Sony 4" speaker for sale. This thing is amazing. It looks like a mini Kicker subwoofer (square) and the highs are ear deafening.
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: Back From Another Haul (with pics!)   Back From Another Haul (with pics!) EmptySeptember 13th 2009, 9:44 pm

How old is the Sony?
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: Back From Another Haul (with pics!)   Back From Another Haul (with pics!) EmptySeptember 13th 2009, 9:53 pm

Not sure. I'm guessing 70's early 80's. I put 20W RMS to it, it held fine.

Age doesn't mean crap.
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

PostSubject: Re: Back From Another Haul (with pics!)   Back From Another Haul (with pics!) EmptySeptember 13th 2009, 9:58 pm

True, true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back From Another Haul (with pics!)   Back From Another Haul (with pics!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Back From Another Haul (with pics!)
Page 1 of 1