Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game Empty
PostSubject: 5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game   5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game EmptySeptember 4th 2009, 12:08 am

Quote :
With last week’s announcement that Nissan and Chrysler were scuttling their deal to build the next-generation Titan off the Ram 1500 platform, the question arises: What does Nissan do now?

It’s not an easy answer. Designing and delivering an all-new Titan could take up to three years, but the Titan clearly needs help ASAP. Its sales are off 56.3 percent, year-to-date. Only 11,805 have been sold in 2009. So, if Nissan wants to make a go of the Titan until an all-new Titan arrives, here are 5 things Nissan can do to get the Titan back on track:

No. 1. Employ the Cummins 5.0-liter V-8 Diesel Engine: As Chrysler waffles about whether to use this engine or a Fiat mill in the Ram 1500, and while Ford, GM and Toyota have suspended their light-duty diesel efforts, Nissan should take the opportunity to build a half-ton diesel pickup. The Cummins name is synonymous with capability. Plus, Nissan has rights to this motor for its upcoming line of light commercial vehicles. Bonus: Pair it with ZF's new PowerLine 6-speed automatic transmission to boost efficiency.

No. 2. Add Quadrasteer As An Option: Developed by Delphi for General Motors, the four-wheel steering system revolutionized trailer towing and low-speed maneuverability in full-size pickups but GM's pricing was outrageously high and the company dropped the option because of the low take rate. Sources inside Delphi tell us that Nissan was testing Quadrasteer for the Titan when GM killed the system. It's time to resurrect it as an option and make it a market differentiator.

No. 3. Borrow the Nissan Frontier's V-6: The only engine choice for the Nissan Titan is its 317-horsepower 5.6-liter V-8. Take the 261-hp 4.0-liter V-6 and make it the standard motor for two-wheel drive King Cab models. Oh yeah, and cut the price on that configuration by at least $1,000.

No. 4. Make a Regular Cab: The Titan is only available in King and Crew Cab configurations. Chop off the back of the truck and make an entry-level regular cab work truck version using the V-6 from No. 3.

No. 5. Take a Cold Shower: It's time to wake up the truck marketing and product planning team behind the Titan. Nissan can't get the Titan back in the game unless its truck team has its head there first. The Titan may be the oldest half-ton pickup in the segment but it can still hold its own in key areas. For example, The Titan's 5.6-liter V-8 with 317-hp and 385 pounds-feet of torque is more powerful than the 5.4-liter V-8 in the F-150 with 310 hp and 365 lbs.-ft. of torque. Start marketing the Titan again so we’re reminded that it still exists.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: 5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game   5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game EmptySeptember 5th 2009, 3:14 pm

SouthernDawg09 wrote:
They need a regular cab work truck.

I completely agree. They are missing market share because of this. They need a cheap, regular cab, 2WD, V8, work truck for the masses. They also need a heavier duty version (3/4 ton) and a diesel engine to compete more in the pulling wars, where capacity and torque is king.
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

PostSubject: Re: 5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game   5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game EmptySeptember 5th 2009, 3:27 pm

I do too. Most farmers and construction/forestry works always use SCLB trucks. VDOT loves the 1994 GMC's here. They have a whole line of them.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: 5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game   5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 2:17 pm

i think nissan's biggest problem was the fact that they didn't have many options. not everyone wants a quad cab, shortbed pickup with a 300 some horse motor. a regular cab long bed truck could be built to better suit the 'working man'
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: 5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game   5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 3:08 pm

Umm... I don't know jack about Nissan so maybe they should I don't know mabye give away 5 free whopper's with each truck! I may be tempted to get on then!! lol
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: 5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game   5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 4:02 pm

Yeah that would work too...
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: 5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game   5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 4:06 pm

Yeah if they where giving them away I'd probably get and put to the test to see how long it lasted before I had to employ the warrenty!
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: 5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game   5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 4:09 pm

why?? Question
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: 5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game   5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 4:14 pm

Ohh haha should've figured as soon as you said that I saw the hat on your avitar and felt dumb!! lol
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: 5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game   5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 8:07 pm

ooohhhhh BUURNNNNNNNNN hahahahah.. my buddy hector has an 08 titan.. suprisingly, THEY HAVE BALLS.. but it still reverts back to the quad cab thing.. i know i wouldn't wanna buy a quad cab unless it was an F350 dually
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: 5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game   5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game EmptyOctober 21st 2009, 7:50 pm

Seems to me all thats really saying is that the Nissans need a wider variety of options.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game   5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game Empty

Back to top Go down

5 Things Nissan Can Do To Get The Titan Back In The Game
Page 1 of 1