Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Got the Ranger running!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

Got the Ranger running! Empty
PostSubject: Got the Ranger running!   Got the Ranger running! EmptyJuly 17th 2011, 4:34 pm

I finally got the Ranger running! I've been working on it for the last couple of weeks, and yesterday before noon, I finished it up and after building oil pressure with the coil pack unplugged, I plugged it back in and on the first turn of the key, the truck fired right up!

So, I parked the Chevy for the rest of the summer due to crappy tires. I gotta drive my dads car to work tomorrow so afterwards I can go and get the tags for the ranger (they expired in February.....of 2009, lol) and then she'll be ready for me to blow it up again!

Here's the only picture I got as of now. I plan on going out tonight to get some more, so until then enjoy, lol:

Got the Ranger running! Picture077-2
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Got the Ranger running!   Got the Ranger running! EmptyAugust 4th 2011, 10:20 pm

good to hear shes up and running. Pic dont work for me...
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: Got the Ranger running!   Got the Ranger running! EmptyAugust 4th 2011, 11:46 pm

Yeah, I moved the picture and forgot to fix the link. Here's a couple of other ones from a few nights later:

Got the Ranger running! Picture097
Got the Ranger running! Picture101

Ended up having to tear it apart again. Had two major oil leaks. One from the rear main seal and the other from the lower intake manifold. I got the rear main seal one figure out, but that intake one is fighting me. Then again, I'm trying not to get a new gasket for it since it's $80, lol.

It was nice having the Ranger for a couple of weeks, though. Hell, cost me $50 to fill it from 3/4, and that's usually an $80 fill for the Chevy. Unfortunately, I lost 5 quarts of oil in one day, lol. That kinda defeats the purpose, lol.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Got the Ranger running!   Got the Ranger running! EmptyAugust 5th 2011, 7:38 pm

sharp looking little truck, hows she like those hills?
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: Got the Ranger running!   Got the Ranger running! EmptyAugust 5th 2011, 11:50 pm

She climbs them pretty decent. Except for Bluet Pass in WA where I bent a valve....lol.

Just put her back together once again after tearing it apart last night to fix that last oil leak. Still leaks just a tad, but A LOT better than it was. Now I just need to adjust the idle on her, switch one of my O2 sensor wires around, fix my leaky steering box (I swear, every Ford I have ever seen has power steering problems) and she should be tip top.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Got the Ranger running!   Got the Ranger running! EmptyAugust 6th 2011, 10:46 am

sounds good, keep us posted
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: Got the Ranger running!   Got the Ranger running! EmptyMarch 8th 2012, 2:44 am

Any updates? I wanna know how the lil truck is doin lol
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: Got the Ranger running!   Got the Ranger running! EmptyMarch 8th 2012, 10:58 pm

Intake manifold gasket was shot from the factory. Need to get another one from Ford, but haven't spent the money on it. She's parked again, lol. I do want to get it running this summer though to save a few bones on gas, though. May not get as good of mileage as the Chevy, but a 17 gallon tank is a lot easier to fill up than a 26 gallon, lol.
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: Got the Ranger running!   Got the Ranger running! EmptyMarch 9th 2012, 10:57 pm

Tell me about it. Spent $75 tonight, got a whole 3/4 tank lol
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: Got the Ranger running!   Got the Ranger running! EmptyMarch 10th 2012, 9:33 pm

bigcountry78 wrote:
Tell me about it. Spent $75 tonight, got a whole 3/4 tank lol

Yup....will be spending that tomorrow myself. Going to start being a little more careful on weekend planning as I know I can get two weeks worth of work commute on one tank of gas. May have to make other people drive ME around for once, lol.
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: Got the Ranger running!   Got the Ranger running! EmptyMarch 12th 2012, 3:40 am

Yea that's one advantage of a reg cab, ppl don really like to cram in lol. But it doesn't bother me or my cousins really. I remember one new years, we went thru a license check with six or seven ppl in my truck man that was fun lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got the Ranger running!   Got the Ranger running! Empty

Back to top Go down

Got the Ranger running!
Page 1 of 1