Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

ok about time I found a truck here a pic

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jim1986chevy
jim1986chevy

ok about time I found a truck here a pic  Empty
PostSubject: ok about time I found a truck here a pic    ok about time I found a truck here a pic  EmptyFebruary 23rd 2011, 8:04 pm

been looking for a while and the deal is done picking it up friday 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 sl 4.8 with 80 mile's for $3500, so is this a good deal or not if it's not to bad getting it any how lol Jim

ok about time I found a truck here a pic  0216011544

ok about time I found a truck here a pic  0216011545
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: ok about time I found a truck here a pic    ok about time I found a truck here a pic  EmptyFebruary 23rd 2011, 10:56 pm

SWEET !!!! Awesome deal !!! awesome looking truck!!
Congratulations.
I'll be down shortly to pick up the one in your avator
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: ok about time I found a truck here a pic    ok about time I found a truck here a pic  EmptyFebruary 25th 2011, 4:17 pm

Very nice! Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
jim1986chevy
jim1986chevy

PostSubject: Re: ok about time I found a truck here a pic    ok about time I found a truck here a pic  EmptyFebruary 26th 2011, 6:40 am

Well now have to wait for the snow to go away today going to wet sand it out I have a few touch up spot's on the hood then buff it to a great shine, then wax's her up I think I mit two tone the truck any help with color's would help, just doing the bottom of the truck so what do you think Jim
Back to top Go down
Britewhiteram
Valued Member
Valued Member
Britewhiteram

PostSubject: Re: ok about time I found a truck here a pic    ok about time I found a truck here a pic  EmptyFebruary 26th 2011, 12:48 pm

jim1986chevy wrote:
Well now have to wait for the snow to go away today going to wet sand it out I have a few touch up spot's on the hood then buff it to a great shine, then wax's her up I think I mit two tone the truck any help with color's would help, just doing the bottom of the truck so what do you think Jim

Black is the new chrome cheers
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: ok about time I found a truck here a pic    ok about time I found a truck here a pic  EmptyMarch 4th 2011, 9:00 am

How is your new truck treating you Jim?
Back to top Go down
jim1986chevy
jim1986chevy

PostSubject: Re: ok about time I found a truck here a pic    ok about time I found a truck here a pic  EmptyMarch 7th 2011, 7:23 pm

what a pile of junk man should have put the money in the dodge for a new motor. well here's the problems no heat and the O2 Sensor is bad I change the thermostat $25, still no heat next is to try and flushing the coolant system if no heat then maybe it's the water pump or heater core just thought I had a good find just dont had good luck Jim
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: ok about time I found a truck here a pic    ok about time I found a truck here a pic  EmptyMarch 7th 2011, 9:58 pm

use a pressure washer to blow out the heater core. i have an industial steam jeany i use for jobs just like that.. dexcool has a bad habit of clogging everything up if its not flushed regularly.. just unhook both heatercore hoses and stick one in a bucket uner the truck and use the other to blow the crap out.. youll be surprised how much the stuff that comes out resemblies poop.. lol
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: ok about time I found a truck here a pic    ok about time I found a truck here a pic  EmptyMarch 7th 2011, 11:38 pm

And if it's gonna leak or blow??? You'll know it.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: ok about time I found a truck here a pic    ok about time I found a truck here a pic  EmptyMarch 8th 2011, 12:28 am

lmao.. this is true.. but if you think about the heat and pressure it holds up to on a regular basis then a pressure washer is to bad.. the water is coming out fast but by the time he goes down the hose it slows down and it isnt really building pressure because the other end is off.. btw you might wanna replace the hose you put the powerwasher nozzle in.. it will e the weak point.. lol
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: ok about time I found a truck here a pic    ok about time I found a truck here a pic  EmptyMarch 8th 2011, 3:50 pm

When you changed the thermostat did you flush the air out of the cooling system?
Back to top Go down
jim1986chevy
jim1986chevy

PostSubject: Re: ok about time I found a truck here a pic    ok about time I found a truck here a pic  EmptyMarch 8th 2011, 6:28 pm

Ok I have heat flush heater code and water pump now i have great heat it will burn you out now. and still doing the 2 tone I think I'm going with a BMW Sparkling Graphite Met A22 Paint, just have to wait for warm weather and going to repaint both bed side's do to some rust. really Thanks for all the help Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ok about time I found a truck here a pic    ok about time I found a truck here a pic  Empty

Back to top Go down

ok about time I found a truck here a pic
Page 1 of 1