Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Do you own a gun?

Go down 
+11
Jimmeh
doc_auto
bigcountry78
Ryan_Crossman96
Britewhiteram
007jimmy
batty1214
In2Trux
johnboggs21
FaselZ71
merlin5577
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Own a gun?
Yes
Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap80%Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 12 ]
No
Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Not yet
Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Never
Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 11th 2011, 9:33 pm

yall can add a Savage 30-30 to the list for me

the day I hit 21 I think im gonna get one of those Taurus Judge pistols that shoot .410 shotgun shells and 45. shells. Be a good CC gun.

http://www.northcarolinasportsman.com/pics/p1190842159.jpg
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 11th 2011, 11:09 pm

I've got a Savage 30-06 that has been a good rifle for me. Not real expensive, has tolerated some abuse and still seems to work just fine.

I'm not real pleased with the 2 Taurus Semi Auto Pistols I bought. I bought cuz they were handgun of the year, or some other consumer award BS. And the lifetime warranty. Well, both needed warranty work, and it was hell, and they had them forever. You have to go thru all this BS to ship them at your expense. Then they play with them for however many weeks and you get it back a couple months later. I figured I could take it to an authorized gun smith locally and pick it up in a week. NOT. Doesn't work that way. You have to mail it to them direct. And it has to be to their standards, and it has to be legal standards, so by the time you please the feds, and you please Taurus, its a PITA. I won't buy another Taurus unless its got a good length of time and durability to account for itself and has a good track record. The Guns I bought were the Millleniums. I was told after I got them back they were upgraded to Millenuim Pro Parts. How true? I dunno, I sold them both. I won't keep a gun that I even had problems with. When it comes to something my life may depend on, it better work EVERYTIME.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 12th 2011, 8:23 am

oh absolutely, you aint gonna stop any threat with a gun that wont fire.....
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 12th 2011, 10:25 am

John, I am jealous, both the Taurus Judge and S&W Governor are not legal in MA! But I got to tell you, they are both large guns, not very easy to conceal.
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 12th 2011, 11:33 am

What makes then not legal in MA??? I know CA and MA are the 2 worst states to be a gun owner, but I think even CA will allow ownership of those.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 12th 2011, 11:58 am

In order for a gun (New) to be legal for sale in MA, the manufacturer has to submit 10 copies (of each version too) of each gun they want to certify. The state then 'tests' them and says whether they are 'suitable' for sale or not and then destroys the guns. Yes, you read that right, the manufacturer doesnt get their test guns back! Needless to say, a number of companies dont/wont do business in MA.

If a handgun isnt on this list, its not legal for sale or possession in MA;

http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/chsb/firearms/approved_firearms_roster.pdf

Also worth noting, MA has a law outlawing the sale of 'shotgun' pistols, needless to say, simply by the fact it can fire a .410 shell makes it illegal here.
Anger
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 12th 2011, 10:43 pm

WOW, how friggin ridiculous is that??? I wouldn't blame any manufactuer for not wanting to sell their product in MA. So how does that work if lets say for example, I live in OK the last 20 years, I have 26 guns now that I have obrainted legally and I move to MA and brnig those 26 guns with me? Any clue what happens then? Do I have to give them up if they are not listed?
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 12th 2011, 11:54 pm

merlin5577 wrote:
John, I am jealous, both the Taurus Judge and S&W Governor are not legal in MA! But I got to tell you, they are both large guns, not very easy to conceal.

Dont be too jealous, just cus I want one dont mean Ill ever actually get one lol. As far as being hard to hide goes, well maybe if the person can see it they're less likely to do anything lol....kinda defeats the purpose of CONCEALED carry though lol
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 13th 2011, 12:13 am

No doubt, I love the element of suprise much better. I carry a Glock 23, Midframe .40S&W with a 13rd mag and 1 chambered for a total of 14. Its in a paddle holster on my hip, and a loose fitting Tshirt, noone even knows its there. If I can't take care of myself with 14rds, I was done for anyway.
OK is about to go open carry I am sure. Meaning, if you have a Conceal to Carry, aka Self Defense Permit, you can carry open or concealed either one. It passed the house and senate flying colors last session, but the Democratic Governnor Vetoed it, and they did not have time in the session to re hear the bill and override the veto. And know he was going out of office for term limits in less than 6 months, they didn't even care to do it. So now that we have the Reblican female Governeor, they are running the bill again, and they expect shei will sign the bill into law. So I assume in about 6 months, we'll be open carry in OK.
I like the idea, but I still intend to stay concealed.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 13th 2011, 10:53 am

TruckAddict wrote:
WOW, how friggin ridiculous is that??? I wouldn't blame any manufactuer for not wanting to sell their product in MA. So how does that work if lets say for example, I live in OK the last 20 years, I have 26 guns now that I have obrainted legally and I move to MA and brnig those 26 guns with me? Any clue what happens then? Do I have to give them up if they are not listed?

Very ridiculous. I cant tell you how many times I saw a gun online I wanted and later found out I couldnt own it!

Depends on when the gun was made. If it was made before the law was enacted in 1993, you can bring it with you. If it was made after 1993 and it wasnt on that list, you'd be arrested if you brought it here. Also keep in mind, MA does not recognize ANY other states permits/licenses. So the simple fact you brough it here would get you in deep trouble.

Last edited by merlin5577 on February 13th 2011, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 13th 2011, 10:55 am

johnboggs21 wrote:
merlin5577 wrote:

Dont be too jealous, just cus I want one dont mean Ill ever actually get one lol. As far as being hard to hide goes, well maybe if the person can see it they're less likely to do anything lol....kinda defeats the purpose of CONCEALED carry though lol

Also keep in mind, it most states if you have a Concealed carry permit and people can clearly see you have a gun, the police can/will arrest you for brandishing a firearm in public.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 13th 2011, 11:59 am

mm ya good point. Course theirs a big difference btwn ppl being able to tell that you have a weapon and waving it around and yelling hey lookit me I have a gun. Its up to the polices discretion really....
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 13th 2011, 2:11 pm

Luckily, I am not related to the Kennedys, and they are not friends of the family, so I doubt I'd be visiting MA. I knew CA and MA were the worst states as far as gun laws, but I am thinking MA might even be worse than CA.

Sad part is, MA played a huge part in what this country was founded on and they seem to take away alot of what the country was founded on. Forefathers are probably rolling over in their graves.
Back to top Go down
TruckAddict
Valued Member
Valued Member
TruckAddict

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 13th 2011, 2:18 pm

And to add thought in fairness, OK has some pretty stupid laws too. For example, up until about 2 years ago, tatoo's were illegal in OK. The tats aren't but to get one was or perform the art in this state was illegal. So people wanting Tats, had to go to TX to get their tats. I'll never have one myself, but still thought it was stupid. There are guys sitting in prison right now for doing illegal garage tatoo work. And they were cleaner than most tattoo parlors. But, the law is the law. They would get raided just like a drug bust. All their stuff taken away, locked up, and put on trial like criminals. Finally the state legalized it, and they have to be registetered and certified with the health dept which is reasonable. But that's only been in the last 2 or 3 years that happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you own a gun?    Do you own a gun?  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you own a gun?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Off-Topic :: Polls-
Jump to: