Your Truck Source

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Share | 

My 96 Cherokee build thread. (56K BEWARE!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Junior3382
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My 96 Cherokee build thread. (56K BEWARE!)   March 15th 2012, 3:19 pm

Okay, so I thought the front looked a little bland, so I added some lights. PIAA. Not sure if I am 100% thrilled with them yet, thinking they look a little small. So I may have to spring for the 6" lights and move these 4" lights to another spot I have in mind.

But what does everyone else think?

================================================
If you cannot find me here, or at work.....  most likely, you will find me on the trails!     

*A word to rice burners*
Some battle with flare, Some beg you to stare,
Some roar like a Bear, Or think that it's rare,
But I say, 'Who cares?' My Jeep's over there,
It may not have flare, but it will drive right over theirs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
Junior3382
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My 96 Cherokee build thread. (56K BEWARE!)   March 15th 2012, 3:22 pm

Okay, that should bring this thread back up to date. Its in the shop right now getting the front driveshaft repaired, AGAIN, and next week its hitting the body shop to get new floor boards welded in along with a bed liner coating and some drain plugs for when I dive this thing in the water again! LOL...

What does everyone think? Its all coming together huh?!

If you cannot find me here, or at work.....  most likely, you will find me on the trails!     

*A word to rice burners*
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My 96 Cherokee build thread. (56K BEWARE!)   March 15th 2012, 6:26 pm

Okay, so for those of you who have kept up with my build. Here is a little story. A few weeks back, I joined the PA Cherokee club on a wheelin' trip to Rausch Creek. Once again, (and I mean the third time in less then 9 months) I broke my front u-joint on my front drive shaft! This is frustrating as each time, I swear we fixed it right. WELL, apparently, tracing back to the first incodent, I found the broken piece. The little teeth on the yoke that hold the caps fo the u-joint in place actually broke, and therefore it was inevitable!

SO, we wrapped the end caps in electrical tape and screwed them in as tight as we could. Then we wrapped the whole assembly in Duct tape. Basically making a "redneck" CV joint. Then I hit some harder trails, some rocks, and buried it in a mud hole. At the end of the day, that thing held! Here is a picture of what it looked like after five hours of wheelin' with it this way...,

Then I jumped on the freeway and drove it home. IT was no longer balanced, so it vibrated like a siv, but it got me home. But due to the hour, I was too tired to remove it. Long story short, it stayed there for the last three weeks. AND STILL HELD. So when someone says duct tape fixes anything.... they are right!

NOW, that being said, I plan to go back up in a few weeks, so i had to fix it. I ordered a new heavy duty yoke for a Dana 44, and put that on. Glad I did too, cause when we looked inside the pumpkin, seems I also filled the diff with mud and gunk, so it was like a chocolate milkshake in there! HAHAHA....

But final result? Here is what it looks like now!

I couldn't decide which pic I liked best, so I posted all three. Anyways, those have U-bolts to hold it together! So yea, I plan to prove, I am not going to be the first guy broken again! HAHAHAHA

The whole assembly was only 60 bucks, wish I knew, I spent more then that in u-joints over the last year! HAHAHA

*A word to rice burners*
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: My 96 Cherokee build thread. (56K BEWARE!)   March 15th 2012, 9:24 pm

Well it about time! Lol I'm jealous of the KCs. Do you know how much a pair of 6x9's cost? If you ever get tired o them, I have a set of roll bars for my 78 that would gladly hold them for ya lol. The bumpers look great, but I think you need 6 inch lights IMO. I can't believe you drove on a duct taped u loony for 3 weeks lol
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: My 96 Cherokee build thread. (56K BEWARE!)   March 15th 2012, 9:25 pm

By the way those are 6 inch KCs on my truck in my avatar, jus to give you an idea of how they might look.
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My 96 Cherokee build thread. (56K BEWARE!)   March 19th 2012, 12:28 am

Okay, So i exhanged those 4" PIAA Lights for the 520 series 6" lights. And I think they look a million times better, what do y'all think?

*A word to rice burners*
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: My 96 Cherokee build thread. (56K BEWARE!)   March 26th 2012, 10:21 pm

Yea those look much better. Have you used them yet? What do you think of those BFG's? I'm thinking bout tryin to find a used set for my truck.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: My 96 Cherokee build thread. (56K BEWARE!)   April 3rd 2012, 4:46 am

lookin good man.
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My 96 Cherokee build thread. (56K BEWARE!)   May 3rd 2012, 4:02 pm

*A word to rice burners*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 96 Cherokee build thread. (56K BEWARE!)   

Back to top Go down

My 96 Cherokee build thread. (56K BEWARE!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4