Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Iniviate's badass '00 gmc 2500

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

Iniviate's badass '00 gmc 2500 Empty
PostSubject: Iniviate's badass '00 gmc 2500   Iniviate's badass '00 gmc 2500 EmptyNovember 1st 2010, 6:17 pm

I own no part of this nor do I have anything to do with the building of it. Just one badass rig that I felt the need to share with you guys!!!! The first few pages are awesome but around page 7 this guys truck really starts getting nasty sweet!!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804616
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: Iniviate's badass '00 gmc 2500   Iniviate's badass '00 gmc 2500 EmptyNovember 1st 2010, 9:33 pm

OMG, page seven? dude, it took me almost twnety minutes just to get to page two! LMAO....

Now that is extreme..... My favorite line is when the Op said he cannot do anything to the stock motor because this is a "budget" build! HAHAHA.... I wish I had that kinda budget! LMAO
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: Iniviate's badass '00 gmc 2500   Iniviate's badass '00 gmc 2500 EmptyNovember 7th 2010, 3:19 pm

I think if I had that kind of "Budget", I would spend it on something that had a little more than one purpose.

While I respect the work that went into it, and think it's pretty cool that he uses it for what he built it for, it's not my taste.

Here's some vids of the truck:

https://www.youtube.com/user/iniviate
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Iniviate's badass '00 gmc 2500   Iniviate's badass '00 gmc 2500 EmptyNovember 8th 2010, 9:53 pm

I'm sorry that the truck is not your taste jimmeh. No hard feelings everyone has their opinion.
This truck however is the source of quite a few wet dreams of mine! lol The fact that he started with 5 tons and 62" tires and a stock motor and trans and went to duece 5 axles with 20 ton planetary hubs with 73" tires regeared his profab gear box and gave himself a final running gear of 24.1:1 is just amazing.

Like was said in the thread he has taken the next step in mudbogging R&D. Everyone thinks rocks are the strongest axles out there but when a stock engined truck comes along and breaks 2" axle shafts some would start to question the reliability of rockwells and begin turning their attention to planetary axles as did the heavy equipment and agricultural industry did years ago.

Us mudboggers though were hindered by the unavailibility of these axles and the shear akwardness of them with the swing style or ball and socket style suspension systems they use. This guy Toby(iniviate) has taken something that was once out of our reach and has adapted and evolved it into something that even the everyday joe could apply to his vehical. I for one was once a strong believer in the Dana 60 Corporate 14 bolt combo. I have recently reduced my faith in the standard D.O.T. axles to nothing more then what they are D.O.T. approved axles.

My faith for a strong mudbogging axle begins with the stock form of the duece 5's and cuminates with toploading axles with double gear reduction and even planetary axles. This prototype revolutionary consept that Toby has came up with truimphs that of even the PS250 style axles which currently reside under every monster truck in that commercailly owned fake butt series known as Monster Jam. I'd like to see grave digger go half the places these guys go...
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: Iniviate's badass '00 gmc 2500   Iniviate's badass '00 gmc 2500 EmptyNovember 13th 2010, 2:54 pm

cool vids,and cool truck. but i'm of the mind set that wheel speed is very important for bogging. i'd rather have smaller tires and a healthy big block. but thats just me, i like power. I respsct your opinion fasel, but i like the dana 60/14 combo because it's much more practical. i like practicality lol. that guy is obviously not driving his rig to the mud bog. my dream truck would probably be his truck, but sas'd on 38's to 40's, with major work done to that 6.0. it's a great engine with not so great mileage. but i love fuel injected chevy engines. just my opinion thogh.

Last edited by bigcountry78 on November 13th 2010, 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : freakin typos)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iniviate's badass '00 gmc 2500   Iniviate's badass '00 gmc 2500 Empty

Back to top Go down

Iniviate's badass '00 gmc 2500
Page 1 of 1