Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Wazzap!?! From Maine

Go down 
+3
In2Trux
merlin5577
Metalman
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metalman
Metalman

Wazzap!?! From Maine Empty
PostSubject: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 1st 2010, 11:27 pm

[i]Hello everyone! My Pride and joy truck is a '92 Toyota extended cab 4X4 Hilux. I also Have a '97 Rodeo 4X4, but while these are in the Garage for a wintertime overhaul, I am now a member of the Jeep crowd with a 1990 Wrangler!
Back to top Go down
Metalman
Metalman

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 1st 2010, 11:31 pm

I'm a very close longtime friend of Junior3382. He's actually closer to me than my actual 2 brothers. but anyways He wants to see some pix of my jeep...
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 2nd 2010, 11:42 am

Welcome Aboard Metalman! Sounds like a nice fleet you have going there, would love to see some pictures when you have a chance.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 2nd 2010, 12:38 pm

Welcome Metalman
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 2nd 2010, 8:40 pm

Yo yo bud..... welcome over the to the site. since you brought up all the trucks, then we demand pictures of ALL the trucks...lol.... Motor shots too, Merlin loves engine shots.... and hey, if you still have that 60's Land cruiser down on the lower lot, I think everyone would love pictures of that too.... with specs... LMAO

Anyways, HEY! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
Metalman
Metalman

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 3rd 2010, 9:35 am

K guys I'm working on it. pix on the way!
Back to top Go down
Metalman
Metalman

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 3rd 2010, 10:20 am

[img]Wazzap!?! From Maine Dsc00011[/img]
Back to top Go down
Metalman
Metalman

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 3rd 2010, 10:41 am

Wazzap!?! From Maine Dsc00012

Can you tell I need a new bumper? Knocking down trees with my fenders is not such a good idea.....

Wazzap!?! From Maine Dsc00013.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 3rd 2010, 11:12 am

stock.. what is stock.. i dont understand.. lmao welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 3rd 2010, 3:53 pm

Laughing

Yeah i agree with 007jimmy! What does stock mean? hehehe

hey Chris, don't forget to take pics of the build, project pictures are always cool to see, (along with the bloody knuckles.....lol)

I like these poictures a lot better then the ones you sent me, and you know it is in pretty good shape considering the year!
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 3rd 2010, 8:04 pm

it should look a little something like this..

Wazzap!?! From Maine 53ffbf8c
Back to top Go down
Metalman
Metalman

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 4th 2010, 3:49 pm

nice Jeep! Yeah, I'll keep up with the updates.

Here are a few pics of my Fj40:

Wazzap!?! From Maine _cruis10

Wazzap!?! From Maine _cruis11
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 4th 2010, 8:28 pm

where were those taken?
Back to top Go down
Metalman
Metalman

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 4th 2010, 8:37 pm

these were taken at my mom's place. Before me and my wife moved to lewiston. the last summer before I turned the power off there.
Back to top Go down
Metalman
Metalman

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 4th 2010, 10:27 pm

The fj40 is in a little worse shape now, I trashed the gears in the rear pumpkin, so the axle shafts slide out on their own. but i did get it started this summer. Its funny driving a 4x4 when its only a front wheel drive! Anyways, it the last project on my long list of projects.
My small project for the next couple of months is the jeep. First off is a 4" lift that will be showing up this week or next. Then 33's of some kind for the winter. I got some off road lights, two 100 watters so far. There will be many more of those later... with the tires will be some ten spoke 15x7 cherokee rims. I'm replacing the torn up stock speakers with some 4x6 sony explodes. I have a nice pioneer deck that will be going in with those. This is my daily driver so I have to have some minimal tunes! Right now this jeep is the biggest hunk of crap. the engine has 360k on it and the valve cover leaks about 1/2 quart of oil a week with the other half leaking past the piston rings... I'm pretty sure the catylitic converter is clogged so there is no power at higher rpms, and it backfires like a shotgun when I turn it off. I get to turn a lot of heads in my direction Wink by the time I'm done with it this jeep will turning heads for a completly different reason - for the amount of mud and gravel covering it! The seats are trashed with duct tape holding them together, the passenger seat 1/4 reclines when it is not supposed to at all. the buckle for the driver's seat belt is bent to snot and is useless, therefore I have to buckle into the passenger side just to be legal. the drain plugs are missing. most of the dash lights don't work. the oil presure gauge trashed. hood latch gone. heater controls have to be manually adjusted under the dash. Overall thought, this is a very solid foundation for a nice buildup. I'm not going to make it into a monster truck but a nice daily driver/trail rig. I've been scraping it over the rocks in the woods of my 78 acres every weekend day since I've owned it. and I have 3 day weekends. It shouldn't be surprising the kind of the things I drive over with balding passenger car tires and open diffs, but it does surprise me. I don't know why i never bought a jeep before... I would like to make the four banger last the winter, and put in a fuel injected 4.0 in the spring. Let's see; winch, new seats, new seat belts, newer square style roll cage, slip yoke eliminator, cv driveshaft, and some kind of locker or limited slip. thats what I have planed so far. just a touch of body work should finish it.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 5th 2010, 9:38 am

yeah the 4 bangers suck in them things when you start adding bigger tires and whatnot.. that big jeep i showed you the picture of had a 4 banger and its top speed was 45 mph.. 50 going downhill.. lol.. now it has a nice 360 magnum sitting in it.. i just gotta tie up a few loose ends and it will be done.
Back to top Go down
Metalman
Metalman

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 7th 2010, 6:11 am

My 4" suspention lift arives tommorow. I'll be taking before and after pics and vidio, I can post some pics if anyone is interested...
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 7th 2010, 8:50 am

Metalman wrote:
My 4" suspention lift arives tommorow. I'll be taking before and after pics and vidio, I can post some pics if anyone is interested...

I'm interested !!! Would love to see this.. You should start a build thread
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 7th 2010, 1:10 pm

Welcome to the boards. If you do swap in a 4.0L make sure the HG is replaced if not then replace it while the engine out. They like to pop.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 7th 2010, 4:46 pm

LMAO.. aint that the truth.. i have done 8-9 head gasket jobs on them in the last 6 months.. least they are easy..
Back to top Go down
Metalman
Metalman

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 7th 2010, 5:41 pm

thanks for the good advice. I've got an extra day off tommorow, so I'll get some good before pics for the jeep on some obstacles. Then I'll start a build thread! Any issues you think I might come up against installing a Rough Country 4" lift? I'm mechanically savee, so I don't think I will have a hard time... but you never know.
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 7th 2010, 11:12 pm

Prepare to break bolts. Chris, I would have extra set grade 8 or better bolts for the leaf springs ready. On a jeep that old, you may need to cut them off. Mine is younger then yours, and ALL of them needed replaced. The kit only recommends grade 5, but I have learned myself, and have seen from experience that grade 8 is the better way to go.
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyOctober 27th 2010, 6:54 pm

Well? where are the project pictures? I know you have the lift already, I am anxious to see the work in progress!
Back to top Go down
Metalman
Metalman

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyNovember 8th 2010, 10:29 pm

Thanks guys for the info! Sorry for the wait on the lift install. I've gotten busy taking care of a few things around the house for winter... For example:
Back to top Go down
Metalman
Metalman

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine EmptyNovember 8th 2010, 10:36 pm

Wazzap!?! From Maine Dsc08210 Wazzap!?! From Maine Dsc08211Wazzap!?! From Maine Dsc08212Wazzap!?! From Maine Dsc08213
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wazzap!?! From Maine   Wazzap!?! From Maine Empty

Back to top Go down

Wazzap!?! From Maine
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next