Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Dealership Up Sales

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
In2Trux
In2Trux

Dealership Up Sales Empty
PostSubject: Dealership Up Sales   Dealership Up Sales EmptySeptember 21st 2010, 3:04 pm

I just came out of the dealership after an oil change and fuel filter $1578.01 Dealership Up Sales Eek

In away I kinda expected this. If I wasn't taking the truck out of town Saturday I would have told them to just forget it, and I'll do it myself. Dealership Up Sales Mad

Rear brakes pad.
Services front brakes.
Replaced broken bolts on exhaust.
Replaced 2 ball joints.
4 Wheel Alignment
Oil change
Fuel Filter.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Dealership Up Sales   Dealership Up Sales EmptySeptember 21st 2010, 3:40 pm

Are you serious?!? I'd be pissed beyond belief! I am also pretty sure some of that is covered under your warranty.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Dealership Up Sales   Dealership Up Sales EmptySeptember 21st 2010, 4:47 pm

Yeap I was pissed... and no. none of that was covered under the drive train warranty.

But If I had of got this work down 18 days ago... I would have had the mechanics license pulled. Cause those brakes should have lasted longer them that.
My Safety was done June 02
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: Dealership Up Sales   Dealership Up Sales EmptySeptember 21st 2010, 8:13 pm

Your exhaust should be under your emissions warranty, 6years/100K miles, your truck doesnt need a 4-wheel alignment as you have a solid rear axle, and ball joints? Seriously? I've never heard of a Duramax powered truck needing ball joints before 150K miles. Thats just ridiculous.

You're a better man then me Glenn, i'd never had paid that, and if they tried to charge me I would have driven the truck through their front door.
Back to top Go down
bigcountry78
Valued Member
Valued Member
bigcountry78

PostSubject: Re: Dealership Up Sales   Dealership Up Sales EmptySeptember 21st 2010, 8:45 pm

merlin5577 wrote:
Your exhaust should be under your emissions warranty, 6years/100K miles, your truck doesnt need a 4-wheel alignment as you have a solid rear axle, and ball joints? Seriously? I've never heard of a Duramax powered truck needing ball joints before 150K miles. Thats just ridiculous.

You're a better man then me Glenn, i'd never had paid that, and if they tried to charge me I would have driven the truck through their front door.

agreed. IMO, thats outrageous, even for a dealership. me and them would have had some serious issues.
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Dealership Up Sales   Dealership Up Sales EmptySeptember 22nd 2010, 9:12 am

I appreciate all the support guys, but I had no recourse.
I'm not supporting or defending the dealership by any means.
As it was explained to me. Ball joints are a consumable part of the truck. We all know that. They're Not a warranty item. Like brakes and wiper blade, and tires. If they are not maintained they will fail in a very short time. A 2.0m movement will pass. Mine had a 3.5m movement on both sides.
The exhaust: From the muffler forward looked like a 3 yr old exhaust. From the muffler back looked like a exhaust off of a brand new truck, and there were signs it wasn't properly installed.
So obviously the previous owner put a performance exhaust on the truck. Then removed it when he traded it in. Consequently braking 2 bolts in the process. I'm not gonna dwell on it. I just want to forget it ever happened and go and enjoy my DMax Test and Tune weekend this Sept 25. at Cayuga Speedway.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Dealership Up Sales   Dealership Up Sales EmptySeptember 22nd 2010, 8:53 pm

good luk with the test and tune... i assume youll be tuning the truck?
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: Dealership Up Sales   Dealership Up Sales EmptySeptember 22nd 2010, 10:55 pm

007jimmy wrote:
good luk with the test and tune... i assume youll be tuning the truck?

Thanks I'm really looking forward to getting away for a while, and having some fun with some of the guys from Diesel Place forum. Most of the guys from the forum already have tuners in their trucks. I'm hoping SPidiesel.com will let me Dyno my truck so I can have a before and after Dyno.
I'm leaving at 5:00AM Sat so I can be there for 9:00 to head over to the track with the rest of the diesel and gasser guys.
I'll try and take lots of pictures and share them with yall
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Dealership Up Sales   Dealership Up Sales EmptySeptember 23rd 2010, 8:04 am

sounds good.. look forward to the pics..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dealership Up Sales   Dealership Up Sales Empty

Back to top Go down

Dealership Up Sales
Page 1 of 1