Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

The Ten Vehicles for Dog Owners

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
In2Trux
In2Trux

The Ten Vehicles for Dog Owners Empty
PostSubject: The Ten Vehicles for Dog Owners   The Ten Vehicles for Dog Owners EmptySeptember 2nd 2010, 8:49 am

I'm glad to see that a pick up truck DIDN'T make the list.
Just my opinion: but I hate it when I see guys driving around with their dog in the back of their pick up truck.
My wife use to be a Vet Tech, and we use to see too many dogs seriously injured or killed cause they jumped out of the truck while it was moving.

http://autos.ca.msn.com/photos/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=25285719&page=11
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: The Ten Vehicles for Dog Owners   The Ten Vehicles for Dog Owners EmptySeptember 6th 2010, 3:06 pm

Amen to that. Its just reckless and stupid. Dogs, like people, go inside the vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Jimmeh
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jimmeh

PostSubject: Re: The Ten Vehicles for Dog Owners   The Ten Vehicles for Dog Owners EmptySeptember 9th 2010, 5:23 pm

I agree, even though my dogs do occasionally ride in the back. When they do, I am either off the main roads where I can go slow (which I do anyway because I am a road hunter, lol), or they are tethered. I've seen flatbed trucks with no sides on them and dogs riding back there, and that just makes me sick. At least tether the dog.

My back seat looks like the Sasquatch, lol.

I should also note that one of my dogs did fall out of the truck once, which is why if they do ride in back they are tethered. Luckily, I saw her jumping and slowed down enough before she got out. It was her first time back there, and she saw some animal, I am sure.

Her favorite spot (when I'm not in of course)
The Ten Vehicles for Dog Owners Picture184

And, because I am a picture prostitute, one more of the pooches together.
The Ten Vehicles for Dog Owners Picture186
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: The Ten Vehicles for Dog Owners   The Ten Vehicles for Dog Owners EmptySeptember 9th 2010, 8:54 pm

I had two black labs up until a few years ago. I treated them like my kids.. I would never let my kids ride in the back of my pick up truck and I would never let my labs.
Even tethered.
Most of the injured dogs were dogs with road rash or were hit by an on coming vehicle. One was a dog that died even when it was tethered. It didn't even touch the road. It tried to jump out of the truck but hung itself on the side of the box of the truck.

I'm sure you love your dogs very much Jimmeh. But I've seen too many beautiful animals injured and killed. I firmly believe that the box of a pick up is no place for a pet unless it has a truck cap and some kind of mat on the floor for the animal to gain traction for cornering and the stop and goes. The pets can still injure themselves if they can't protect themselves from hitting the walls and wheel wells.
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: The Ten Vehicles for Dog Owners   The Ten Vehicles for Dog Owners EmptySeptember 10th 2010, 6:41 am

my Black Lab (his name is Casper, lol) never rode in my truck yet but im hoping to take him out sometime soon, he absolutly loves riding in the truck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ten Vehicles for Dog Owners   The Ten Vehicles for Dog Owners Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ten Vehicles for Dog Owners
Page 1 of 1