Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

My First Taste of DMax Haulin

Go down 
+3
johnboggs21
merlin5577
In2Trux
7 posters
AuthorMessage
In2Trux
In2Trux

My First Taste of DMax Haulin Empty
PostSubject: My First Taste of DMax Haulin   My First Taste of DMax Haulin EmptyAugust 5th 2010, 1:39 pm

I finally sold my 87 Chevy Kodiak.
But before I sold it, the buyer wanted a full demonstration of the drive trail and then the Tilt N load deck.

He liked it. He bought it. But I guess I burned up the last of the fuel, cause he didn't get out onto the highway when it started to spit fart and sputter to a stop.
I thought oh crap.. he's gonna come back here pissed and throw the keys at me and demand his money back.

He says..."Do you have a gas can?" I said no, but we're not far from the Eagle's Nest Gas Bar. I'll drag it there. He says, With that? as he points to my truck.
I said YA !!! feeling a lil insulted that he doudts my trucks ability and at the same time lovin this opportunity to show off my truck and to set his doubt straight.

Set the picture.
The Kodiak was on the shoulder of the road just across from the storage facility that I had it parked at.It was situated about a .25 mile from the Eagle's Nest Gas Bar. (the nearest diesel pumps)

He was well off the road. but up ahead were guard rails.
So if I was gonna drag this thing? I had to get it going and get it going quick to get it up to hwy speed to merge quick before the guard rails.

Traffic was busy this past weekend, and a lot of big rigs too.

Well I put the hammer down. It didn't want to go as quick as I thought it was gonna. I let off on the throttle cause it was just spinning. I put it into 4x4 and back onto the throttle. WELL HOLY crap !!! Mind you.. I still don't have any mods on this truck. (yet) but the hair on the back of my neck stood on end, and I had a grin on my face that I was trying to keep out of my rear view mirror.
We were there in no time. I pulled up the the pumps and as I got out of my truck, the other guy climbed out of the Kodiak, and he was looking a lil pail.
His nerves were shot cause he didn't think we were gonna make it with out a tractor trailer laying on his horn. but we did it with out pissing off anybody. Just to stroke my truck pride a lil more... It turned out that I was pulling the Kodiak while it was still in first gear... His logic was to leave it in gear while I pull to keep the chain tout and it also helps to provide PS and PB. No friggin wonder I had such a hard time to get it rolling.
Thanks for letting a proud new DMax owner glote Very Happy

My First Taste of DMax Haulin IMG_0355-1

My First Taste of DMax Haulin IMG_0342-1
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: My First Taste of DMax Haulin   My First Taste of DMax Haulin EmptyAugust 5th 2010, 2:53 pm

Glenn, as sad as I am to here you sold the Kodiak, that is an awesome story! Thanks for sharing! How did you like the tow/haul mode?

But next time, take some pictures of the tow! Laughing

Last edited by merlin5577 on August 5th 2010, 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: My First Taste of DMax Haulin   My First Taste of DMax Haulin EmptyAugust 5th 2010, 3:13 pm

screw pictures, we want a video lol
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: My First Taste of DMax Haulin   My First Taste of DMax Haulin EmptyAugust 5th 2010, 3:16 pm

i wanna see it lite up all 4 tires.. lol..
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: My First Taste of DMax Haulin   My First Taste of DMax Haulin EmptyAugust 5th 2010, 11:06 pm

Ya I wish I did get that on video... I'd be watching it over and over LOL
I luv the Trailer/Hauling mode. It kick butt. I even use it when I want to slow down. I like that engine brake feature.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: My First Taste of DMax Haulin   My First Taste of DMax Haulin EmptyAugust 5th 2010, 11:10 pm

In2Trux wrote:
I luv the Trailer/Hauling mode. It kick butt. I even use it when I want to slow down. I like that engine brake feature.

lol on my old truck, when i was coming to a stop i would always kick it out of OD and just barely touch the throttle to keep the tq converter locked up......with the strait pipe it sounded like the truck had a jake brake, especially at high rpms......
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: My First Taste of DMax Haulin   My First Taste of DMax Haulin EmptyAugust 5th 2010, 11:13 pm

HaHaHa somebody is sounding like they are missing their dirty diesel an aufull lot.

Have you been doing any work on it John?
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: My First Taste of DMax Haulin   My First Taste of DMax Haulin EmptyAugust 5th 2010, 11:18 pm

no havent had a chance to do any work on it yet, short of cleaning it out lol....its at my grandpas farm, and somehow it keeps finding jobs to do lol......gonna see if i can locate a place inside for it so I can work on it easier this winter.....

and yea i miss it like hell lol.........this new truck is good, but it dont compare to my diesel!
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: My First Taste of DMax Haulin   My First Taste of DMax Haulin EmptyAugust 6th 2010, 11:59 am

In2Trux wrote:

Laughing I do that too every once in a while, but usually the high compression is enough to slow it down on its own.
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

PostSubject: Re: My First Taste of DMax Haulin   My First Taste of DMax Haulin EmptyAugust 6th 2010, 6:13 pm

nice pull.
Back to top Go down
rosekitty

rosekitty

PostSubject: Re: My First Taste of DMax Haulin   My First Taste of DMax Haulin EmptySeptember 15th 2010, 10:08 pm

I'm gonna sign my name in that diesel smoke and let the ones that come along behind me choke
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: My First Taste of DMax Haulin   My First Taste of DMax Haulin EmptySeptember 15th 2010, 10:11 pm

hey you stole that out of my signature lol
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: My First Taste of DMax Haulin   My First Taste of DMax Haulin EmptySeptember 15th 2010, 10:58 pm

johnboggs21 wrote:
hey you stole that out of my signature lol

I think you got a fan, John LOL
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: My First Taste of DMax Haulin   My First Taste of DMax Haulin EmptySeptember 15th 2010, 11:28 pm

lol cool, but I cant take total credit for that line