Your Truck Source

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Share | 

EGR

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fordman68
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: EGR   July 28th 2010, 5:55 pm

well old blue has had a rough idle forever but now its dieing.... ive found its somewhere in the EGR, its not a diaphragm leak and the valve was stuck but i got it loose and got it back together and exactly the same problems again..... can i just block this off or is this something that i need to replace for an ungodly price Truck Help Truck
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EGR   July 28th 2010, 6:37 pm

Disconnect the hose running to the valve and put your finger over it. If it smooths out, you need to replace the valve. If nothing happens, you need to look elsewhere. Just blocking it off will do nothing if its not the problem.

================================================
-Robert.
My Fleet;

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 2.0L 6A
2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT 2.4L 6A
2003 Chevrolet Silverado LS 6.6L 5A
1997 GMC Suburban SLT 5.7L 4A

"If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

New Idea
Back to top Go down
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: EGR   July 28th 2010, 7:21 pm

check the hose that is going to it for leaks.... a bad vaccum leak would cause crappy idle and poor acceleration because there is to much un-metered air getting by the AIC or FIA valve depending on what setup you have..
Back to top Go down
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: EGR   July 28th 2010, 7:23 pm

also those intake wouldnt help your problem one bit.. they would make the problem more pronounced.. thats what i hate about that kind of stuff.. try to get a little sounds and milage out of your truck and you figure out you have more problems.. lol
Back to top Go down
fordman68
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: EGR   July 28th 2010, 9:59 pm

if i put my finger over the hose to the egr there is little vacuum. i disconnected the hose on both ends and tested it no blockages and no leaks. the valve on the egr was stuck but it is free now. the little black box that the vacuum line goes into and comes back out of on the other side of the truck the red line (from the motor to the black box) has vacuum. the other side of it has none unless i block off a third piece that has a small filter on it at the top under a cap. if i block this off it dies unless i disconnect the line from the egr.... nothing except spraying starting fluid in the egr works to smooth it out.... its not a diaphragm leak and the egr holds pressure... this truck is pissin me off again.....
Back to top Go down
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: EGR   July 29th 2010, 3:41 am

well go to a junkyard and pull off 2 used egr's and see if that helps.. pay for one and throw the other in your pocket.. 5 bucks to trouble shoot a possible probem beats whatever the price is for a new one.. i would grab a AIC valve and TPS sensor as well from the yard so you could trouble shoot those too.. i dont know exactly how your motor is set up but i know they arent hard to replace at all.. they are on the throttle body.. take the whole TB if you want.. it could be a bad TB gasket.. obviosly you are getting un registered air in from somewhere so you just gotta figure out where its coming from.. did you use a new egr gasket when you took the old off.. air getting in at the bottom could be why carb cleaner levels the idle out.. hows the intake gaskets look.. spray carb cleaner all around the intake and see if that helps.. sometimes you just gotta step back and start over.. forget what you
THINK it is and start back at the basics.. air, fuel, and spark..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EGR   

Back to top Go down

EGR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Trucks :: Ford Motors-
Jump to: