Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Need information

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 20th 2010, 8:22 pm

I don't know where to find this out, hoping someone can help with the info or a link to such....

I have a buddy has a 1987 Toyota Camper. Its basically a '87 toyota truck with 1-ton running gear. It has duallies in the rear.

Stock size rim and tire is 14". It is getting HARDER and harder to find new, high end, 14" tires for this camper. He wants to swap out the 14's for a set of 15's which would make his tire search easier, but cannot find a SINGLE wheel that will work for this year drive train.

Does anyone know where I can find this information out? Like the actual bolt pattern, or a set of rims? Rear need to be like you would know most duallies to be, but front are NOT interchangable with the rear, they are just standard rims. LOL...

Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytrucksource.com
007jimmy
007jimmy

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 12:03 am

after about half an hour worth of searching i think i found what you are lookin for... they are a 6x7.25 lug pattern.. i found it on a website that was in another language and i used the translator on my computer.. apperently not t0 many yota campers were bought here in the US.. lol
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 12:06 am

Well, in Maine they are everywhere...lol.... but its the running gear. Its unique to those and those only... makes it near impossible to find parts. I will search in the morning for rims with that bolt pattern, but if you can find ANY, post back and let me know.

Smile
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 12:13 am

the info i found says the front uses the same rim as the rear.. is this it?
Need information 1987%20toyota%2020ft%20escaper-747583
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 8:28 am

Give me to tonight.. My son knows of a cross-reference site that might help us with your conundrum
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 8:50 am

Yes joe, thats the camper. Maybe the front wheels are interchangable, thought they wern't.

Okay, I will give you till tonight trux, let me know.

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 12:06 pm

Every other dually i've ever worked on, the fronts do interchange with the rears, makes tire rotations easier... lol.
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 12:13 pm

I do know that, but I think his front wheels/axle assembly, is not original, and they are a different bolt pattern.... but I could be wrong... I have to call hime back and ask him. All I know for sure is that he has looked everywhere he can look, and cannot find replacement rims, much less 15" rims.
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 12:15 pm

Here is an actual pic of his camper... so yeah, maybe I am wrong...LOL

Need information Dsc02710
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 4:45 pm

through my searching i have found out that a newer dodge power wagon uses 6x7.25 bolt pattern and they come stock with 17s.. lol.. you could also get adapters made up and go about it that way.. find a set of rims and have the adapters made up at a machine shop.. just throwing ideas out there..
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 4:48 pm

Are spacers safe with duallies and the weight load?
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 4:56 pm

66 f350 uses the same pattern as well on there dually's.. one guy on a forum said he ordered a set of dodge 19.5 dually rims but had the company he ordered them from punch out the 6x7.25 pattern instead of the 8 lug dodge pattern.. im sure it would cost extra to do that but its a possibility.. i know there are a few guys on another forum im on that do any kind of custom steel wheel you want..
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 5:00 pm

well, the bank is not bottomless for this purchase...LOL.... and 16" is probably the HIGHEST size he can go, there is not a ton of clearence.... 15" is ideal just so he can get the right tires for the load rating. Now-a-days, since NO one uses or even sells 14" tires, it is almost impossible to get a set of 14 inchers with the appropriate load rating to hold the near 9500 lbs of this camper....LOL....
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 7:14 pm

What size tires are currently on there? 205/75/14?
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 8:05 pm

185/65/r14. Small small smalll....... LOL

Listen, i talked to him, and the front wheels are NOT interchangable. They are not even the same bolt pattern. The fronts are a five lug, the rears are six. It was an option for a 6 lug spacer in front to have a six wheel rotation instead of carrying two different spares, however, his is not so. He has two spares.... just thought I would add that.

As for the tires, he found a set of 195/75/14's with a high enough load rating to work. They are PRICY, but they will work..... but the hunt is on for some different rims anyways. Joe is right, the older 3/4 and 1-ton Fords had the same bolt pattern in a 16" wheel, so we are checking his local used wheel shops and bone yeards, hoping to get lucky....LOL
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 8:10 pm

Junior3382 wrote:
Are spacers safe with duallies and the weight load?

spacers are best for added stability.

That said, I know a fella that has them on a 79 F350 tow truck. 14k curb weight IIRC. Ive seen some pics of the stuff he has used it for, and the spacers on there havent had any problems.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 8:49 pm

i think you got every possible option now.. all you need to do is weight out the options..
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 9:05 pm

Here is that website I promised
I've never played with it.. but my son has had a lot of success with it, in finding parts.

http://www.car-part.com/
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 10:30 pm

What load range are you talking Junior?
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 22nd 2010, 1:35 pm

Well the vehicle itself has a GVWR of 8100lbs, you add six people, food, clothes and he carries his canoes on top.... we are estimating, at most or at least at its peak, close to 9k. We have had it overloaded before, and have had it in places it should never have gone..... the little 22re 4 bangger under the hood HATES it, it screams full tilt and can only hit about 60 mph...LOL.... its actually quite amusing to me...LMAO but hey, he likes it, so more power to him. Smile
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 22nd 2010, 3:29 pm

Yeah, but GVWR and curb weight are two totally different weights. My Silverado has a GVWR of 9200 lbs, but the curb weight is only 7000lbs, hence the 2200lb payload capacity.

IIRC Those trucks weigh in roughly @ 6000lbs. So you'd only need a high end passengar car tire, or a low end truck tire. Anything with a Load rating of 1350lbs (per tire) should do just fine.
Back to top Go down
Junior3382
Admin
Admin
Junior3382

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information EmptyJuly 22nd 2010, 5:10 pm

required load rating is 1470lbs per tire or higher. he found a set of 14's with a 1750 so that is not the issue, its the cost of special ordering 14 inch tires verses taking a se of 15" in stock.... know what i mean?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need information   Need information Empty

Back to top Go down

Need information
Page 1 of 1