Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

4.3 Hesitation / Stumble

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AaronK1500
AaronK1500

4.3 Hesitation / Stumble Empty
PostSubject: 4.3 Hesitation / Stumble   4.3 Hesitation / Stumble EmptyJuly 8th 2010, 12:36 pm

I’m having a throttle stumble condition in my 1995 K1500 4.3LV6. It will stumble badly off idle on a hot re-start, for the first several minutes then it gets less noticeable but still has a lazy throttle response. On a cold start it just has a slightly lazy response, but not so much a stumble. I have replaced the cap, rotor, wires and plugs, checked the base timing (right at 0°), and measured the coil with an ohmmeter, and it checks OK. The other day while accelerating up a slight hill it did throw a code 42, which is the ignition control circuit. I’m suspecting it’s either the coil or the module, does this sound right?
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: 4.3 Hesitation / Stumble   4.3 Hesitation / Stumble EmptyJuly 8th 2010, 2:49 pm

could be the module but i would do the tune up first.. you dont know the history of the truck so who knows when it was replaced last.. sounds like its loading up and not getting enough spark to fire it off..
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: 4.3 Hesitation / Stumble   4.3 Hesitation / Stumble EmptyJuly 8th 2010, 3:44 pm

Sounds like the ICM. If you have an autozone near by you can pull it off and they will test it for free. Thats what I did when the one in my Suburban went bad.
Back to top Go down
AaronK1500
AaronK1500

PostSubject: Re: 4.3 Hesitation / Stumble   4.3 Hesitation / Stumble EmptyJuly 8th 2010, 8:13 pm

Tonight I swapped the coil with a known good coil out of another truck, and the stumble was still there. It seems worst after it has sit for over an hour and is re-started. I will try the module out of the other truck to see if that cures the problem, or maybe just have it tested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4.3 Hesitation / Stumble   4.3 Hesitation / Stumble Empty

Back to top Go down

4.3 Hesitation / Stumble
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Mechanics Corner :: Engine Tech-
Jump to: