Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

thinkin bout parkin the truck

Go down 
+4
doc_auto
Jared Olson for SO IL
007jimmy
johnboggs21
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
007jimmy
007jimmy

thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 3 EmptyNovember 6th 2010, 9:39 pm

its possible but there wouldnt be anything holding the fenders in place so they would just fall backwards and probley break something.. you can take they fenders off and leave the rad support and all though
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 19th 2011, 2:18 pm

Well the truck is still exactly how it was in the last post. Cant even get in the cab right now with how much snow is around it. I'm starting to consider finding a 70s F250 or 350 and sticking my motor in it......

OR finding a 90s or early 80s Crew cab and sticking my motor in that. It really depends on what I find first for the right price lol
Back to top Go down
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 19th 2011, 3:31 pm

A late 70's Bronco with a 7.3L in it... Awesome! Laughing
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 19th 2011, 5:33 pm

heck yeah... my 79 was a blast with the 460 bb.. i can only imagine a nice diesel would be like in there.. lol
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 26th 2011, 9:51 am

well I found a deal on a rust free cab, so im gonna go lookit that today. Guy wants 300 for it and I know he paid 750+ for it. Said he got it from southern truck, and thats the kind of prices they were talking about.....
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 3 EmptyApril 9th 2011, 10:44 pm

Finally took a decent step forward on this today. I talked the guy down to 200 on the cab, and got the bed pulled today. That was a job and half to do by myself. Had to torch all 6 bolts and use a high lift jack to lift one side till I could get underneath it and flip it on its side. I picked up a gallon of plastikote rubber bedliner paint. 50 bucks at TSC. Im gonna wire brush the frame and clean it up as good as I can and paint it with that stuff. The rear axle and suspension parts are just gonna get cleaned up and black spray paint put on them. Should keep the rust at bay for another 20 years or so LOL
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 3 EmptyApril 16th 2011, 12:02 am

Did a little rust control today. Got my BFG all terrains put on her, and that big ole bumper took off. Hoping to go get my new cab tomorrow. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
In2Trux
In2Trux

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 3 EmptyApril 16th 2011, 8:09 am

John you gotta buy a camera !!!! Your peaking my curiosity. I'd love the see your new BFGs and the frame progress.
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 3 EmptyApril 16th 2011, 10:19 am

lol ill stop by walmarts and grab one of their cheapies today if I remember
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 3 EmptyApril 24th 2011, 2:42 am

heres a few pics for you vultures lol

thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 3 IMG_7745

the old box
thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 3 IMG_7743

the new flatbed
thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 3 IMG_7746
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 3 EmptyApril 26th 2011, 3:49 pm

Well I got good news, and Ive got bad news.

Good news, the guy that has my cab finally got around to taking it off the frame the other day...

Bad news, he forgot to unhook the parking brake cable and apparently dented the cab with the chain when he tried to lift it off..... I gotta go look at it now and see if its something I can fix....He says if I dont buy it its going to scrap....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thinkin bout parkin the truck   thinkin bout parkin the truck - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

thinkin bout parkin the truck
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3