Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

215th customs

Go down 
+6
76silverado
Jared Olson for SO IL
johnboggs21
doc_auto
FaselZ71
007jimmy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
007jimmy
007jimmy

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 10th 2010, 1:04 am

as some of you know im tryin to get a business up and running.. 215th customs in the name and right now im doing anything that makes me money buy i got a few cool projects going on so heres some pics of what im doing..

first up is a 40s caddy lesalle thats getting a built lt1 out of a 95 caddy, bagged and shaved... its gonna be rockin the original rims and some thick whitewalls..
215th customs 0b17e1af
215th customs 55cdd27a
215th customs 8933a8e8

next is the 99 firebird street/strip car.. right now it runs 10.83 on motor and high 9s on the juice. its got a little work done to the motor, stock bottom end, stock heads, ls6 intake, comp cam, nx 200 shot of juice, headers, stainless exhuast with race mufflers, 4000 stall converter, tuned ecu, and a few other go fast goodies for engine managment..

215th customs 12febe53
215th customs 2adde7aa
215th customs 3942f499
215th customs 365eccc1
215th customs 1-2

97 turbo eclipse.. worked 4g63 motor, 50 trip turbo, big frontmount intercooler, 990 fuel injectors, evo exhuast manifold and o2 housing, 272 cams, ecm link to bring it all together and tune..

215th customs 4-4
215th customs 1-5
215th customs 2-3
215th customs 4-3

fox body mustang street.strip car.. 6.0 lter LS motor thats getting a carborated intake and a wet juice setup but staying fairly stock besides some headers, heads cam and cople other go fast parts..

215th customs B2e1e058

my 73 c10.. im gonna be putting in a 6.0 liter LS motor, bagging it, 89 burban front nose, black zr1 vette wheels that im having the rear made wider to fit a 31x23 rear tire, huge wheel tubes and a custom fiberglass and red leather interior..
215th customs 98d8a972

and some random pictures at the shop.. i got traffic lights for sale too.. 100 a peice for 3 light ones.. 125 for 4 light with left turning ligths.. i have 6 3 light and 4 4 light ones left..

215th customs 7d166bca
215th customs F43a265c
215th customs 9bccba6d
215th customs D9f2ff95
215th customs 1d1ff53d
215th customs 6e3ed106
215th customs B2e1e058

i think thats about it for now.. as my buddies dad gets his caddy fleet out for the summer ill take some pics.. he has some pretty cool old caddy ambulances and caddy hursts..
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 11th 2010, 12:18 am

Looking dog hoe.. need help getting some of those projects outta the shop? Looks like you got a good thing going.
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 11th 2010, 12:24 am

yeah man. friggin sweet. is that a bottle of mikes? next to the turbos. good luck with everything!
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 11th 2010, 5:47 pm

Wow!!! LOL I was fudging smashed last night when I posted my last post... I meant to type Joe not Hoe!! haha No more drunk posting for me!! lol
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 11th 2010, 7:08 pm

i finally got a chance to go pick up the next project.. finally something of my own.. lol.. 74 c10 350 fuel inected, 3 on the tree, long bed fleetside.. its a little rusty but nothing some new front fenders, tailgate, rollpan, frontbumper, and a drivers rocker wont take care of.. stuff i already have at the shop too.. right now im torn between keeping it stock till i blown the motor or clutch cause it runs strong or just throw in the ls1 and T350 trans i already have waiting for it.. help me out guys.. i could also go balls to the walls with a 6.0 liter LS motor

215th customs B04849ca
215th customs Dbfe7b41
215th customs 9629fa73
215th customs C99f6253
215th customs 78f94c3a
215th customs 67eedda3
215th customs E76d6162
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 13th 2010, 5:08 pm

gotta love that dizzy wedged against the fire wall.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 13th 2010, 5:43 pm

yeah after crutching some numbers and seeing what i accually had laying around i decided a LT1 motor would best suite my needs for now.. i have the harness and ecu to hook it up and it seems like it will be a little challenging to make it all work so im gonna take it on.. i have a stock bottom end LT1 shortblock, set of 350 c10 headers, LT4 hotcam and carb.. i have stock heads but i think im gonna go with an aftermarket set and i need to get the intake to swap it over to carbed.. after doing a little digging i found out its not a fuel inected 350 in there now.. its just got a tiny single barrel carb.. never seen one before.. haha..
Back to top Go down
johnboggs21
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
johnboggs21

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 14th 2010, 10:28 am

007jimmy wrote:
yeah after crutching some numbers and seeing what i accually had laying around i decided a LT1 motor would best suite my needs for now.. i have the harness and ecu to hook it up and it seems like it will be a little challenging to make it all work so im gonna take it on.. i have a stock bottom end LT1 shortblock, set of 350 c10 headers, LT4 hotcam and carb.. i have stock heads but i think im gonna go with an aftermarket set and i need to get the intake to swap it over to carbed.. after doing a little digging i found out its not a fuel inected 350 in there now.. its just got a tiny single barrel carb.. never seen one before.. haha..

buddy of mine had an old (47?) checkered taxi cab that had a 2 spd powerglide tranny and a 327 with a single barrel carb. I wont lie, it was kinda funny lol.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 15th 2010, 1:10 pm

Who do u call ghost busters lol
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 16th 2010, 1:51 am

yeah but that os one of my favorite cars to drive.. turn on the lights and horn and everyone just scatters cause you can litterally hear it 1/2 mile down the road no matter what your driving..
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 16th 2010, 11:56 am

i know that feelin on the Vol. Fire Dept. I use my blue light and most ppl get out of the way
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 16th 2010, 10:11 pm

i finally got a chance to throw a good battery in the truck and break the front brakes loose.. after sitting for 10 years the truck runs rather good.. i also did some backround work and vin'd the truck.. it was originally a camper special and it still has the manufacture sticker in the glove box to prove it.. it would also explain the rather large spring pack in the rear.. its also a 400 sbc.. after finding all this out im half temped to just pull the motor out and freshin it up with some go fast goodies.. we shall see the outcome in the next few weeks.. right now im workin on getting the body right again and then the suspension and brakes.. lol.. then i figure out what motor i am gonna go with... i already ordered all my body panels that i need.. cali combo tailgate, gonna do some crazy sheetmetal work for the rear wheel openings basically something like the old caddies since i have them at the shop, gonna make the front wheel openings a little lower as well to match the back, i think im gonna take a few inches off the fenders and lean the hood down some and also chop a few inches off the roof and lean the window back too.. basically i want it to look fast standing still.. lol..
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 17th 2010, 11:35 pm

Man ur livin it up! That's the kinds of work I want to do!
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 17th 2010, 11:55 pm

lol.. im just keeping money in my pockets.. i just happen to know alot of people with nice cars and they know i do good work.. now i can be a little more selective about what kind of projects i take on.. i already told one used car dealer that im not doing anymore work for him cause he just brings me junk and wants me to jig rig it back together.. i dont like doing that kind of work..
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 19th 2010, 3:23 pm

thats good. yeah im sure the dealer wouldnt hesitate to give an unhappy customer your name.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 19th 2010, 11:53 pm

i would have no problem it telling them that i was told to just make it work.. nothing has ever left my shop that i wouldnt drive me kids in but some things that i really wouldnt want to put my name on.. lol.. things like hacked wiring, block sealer, adding extra oil and oil additives to quite down a motor.. not things that im proud of but at the time i needed money to take care of my crap so i just did what i had to do.. i still have one of the guys jeeps cause its still blowing blue smoke.. 2 different junkyard motors and i rebuilt the topend completely on this one.. luckly its only like a 2 hour motor swap job cause its an inline 6 in a 94 cherokee but its still pissing me off.. i cant do anymore big projects untill i get this out out of the yard cause i have a limit on how many cars can sit outside overnight and all.. i have to respect my buddies stepdads rules cause he trust me enough to let me do as i please in his storage garage.. i have my own set of keys and my own alarm codes so he knows when i come and go and if there is something wrong he knows who to call. the guy litterally has 1.5 million bucks in cars there.. when he kicks the bucket a couple are going to museums and others are being giving to my buddy his direct family.. he is very healthy but always says when he dies he is gonna take care of me to cause i treat him well and he considers me family.. its funny hearing an old man saying that me and my buddy are "brothers from another mother" cause we do look similar and ack alike.. hopefully things stay just as hecktic cause it keeps me busy now that the wife and kids are home that much.. lol
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 20th 2010, 1:14 am

yeah i bet. you got lucky on this one. good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 20th 2010, 2:42 am

yeah i was workin out of there before for awhile and then he started to get mad cause i had to much junk layin around.. he basically said i wasnt allowed to bring anything there cause i didnt clean up after myself.. i had 7-8 motors sitting in a pile, couple trannies and all that i had plan to take to the metal yard eventually, i was making a mess on his floors with oil, trans fluid and coolant and not cleaning it up... ya know.. thats kind of stuff so i got what i though at the time was a good deal on another shop through a freind of the family.. at the time i was supposed to pay 400 a month, went out and bought a lift and lighting.. cleaned the place up real nice.. did a nice graffiti mural with my shop name on it and all.. the guy seemed cool and didnt care what i did in the shop... then he started to see the cars i was bringin in there and the kind of money i was makin so he said he wanted a cut of the profit plus the normal rent.. about a month later i had had enough of him cause it wasnt what i wanted... i was giving the guy more then half my profits a month.. so i got back intough with my buddys stepdad and told him i was really sorry about everyhting that had happened and i wanted to come back.. promised him i wouldnt have more then 2 cars there at a time being worked on besides my own vehicles.. he went for it and for the last couple months now i been laying down cat litter before i started doing anyhting, bouth a nice extendable drain bucket for draining all the fluids while the car was up in the air, got all my tools and whatnot back in order and eveything has been workin out great.. now i keep the shop super clean and even take his cars out for a bath when i know he has a show or soemthing to go to the night before.. he is gonna build a couple offices so i can have one, his stepson one for himself.. one of the guys i know wants to put a 360 dodge motor in his lifted 4 cylider wrangler... the guy is also a contractor so i started askin how much he would frame the offices out for.. i can do all the drywall and painting to save some money too.. sometime this week the gu is coming to the shop to take a better look and gemme a list for labot and all..
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 20th 2010, 3:02 pm

darn yeah thats bs takin a cut on top of rent. yeah all i have been doin this summer is drywall n pait fer the dorms at the college here.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 22nd 2010, 1:46 am

i accualy counted the cars in my shop today cause basically it was full to the point where you could get around the whole shop and get into every car to move them around and whatnot but not packed door to door.. there were 15 cars in there at once.. the 67 vette, the ghostbusters ambulance, the flower caddy, the blue caddy, the green caddy, the maroon caddy, the blue ambulance, the 6.0 stang, the jeep from hell, the big red dodge, the 40s caddy, the black ambulance, the limo caddy and i know im forgetting 2 but i cant remember what they are.. and then outside there was my 74 c10, the superchicken, the green dodge, and a white mazda and when he pulled up he was in his 95 lt1 buick roadmaster... my buddies step dad who ownes the shop stopped by to see what we were up to and started laughing cause if he didnt know any better he would think it was a chop shop.. there were mutliply cars from every decade from 40s up and now we are bringing a 30s model T to the shop to built a cool little ratrod with an lt1 and crap.. and we also have a storage yard with random "future projects".. just off the top of my head there are 12 spaces there.. me, my buddy dave who i work at the shop with and his brother keep our stuff there.. i have the red truck there, the 91 noma and my trailer there.. then my buddy has a couple cars of his bosses for pest control and his brother is a landscaper so he has 2 trailers with random lawn care equipment and his jetskies and 2 boats.. all that matters is the township isnt on my butt about my house anymore so i am happy plus im having some fun building some sick cars and trucks on top of bringing home money everyday.. i thought for the longest time that i could never work on cars for a living and have fun but accually now that some opritunities fell in my lap im enjoying myself and all.. here is a quick pic from outside while i was smoking a cig..
215th customs 4222fe9e
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 22nd 2010, 12:18 pm

lucky bastard
Back to top Go down
76silverado
Valued Member
Valued Member
76silverado

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 22nd 2010, 5:50 pm

Ditto need an assistant?? Cuz I might be goin to college in Blairsville
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJune 22nd 2010, 11:36 pm

yeah i need an assistant to blow that red jeep up you see there.. lol... but i am proud to say it is done.. just the guy hasnt come to get it yet so the curse still lingers.. i swear since that thing showed up nothing has work right.. it came in with a blown up motor.. completly seized at that.. no big deal i though.. the first motor i put in it was noisy and had a bad headgasket.. the guy at the yard i deal with made an honest mistake and gave me a junked motor by mistake.. got the third motor in and it smoked like a pain.. i figured it was just the exhuast burning all the crap that was loaded in the cat so i took it to my exhuast guy and had him look at it.. he had a new guy just replace the cat apperently and fired it up for a few to make sure it didnt smoke.. i got it back to the shop and called up the used car dealer it was for and he came started it up and took it for a ride.. came back and it was billowing blue smoke but at the time i didnt know the exhuast guys didnt replace the whole exhuast and i automatically assumed it just needed the top end rebuilt.. you can see where this is going by this point but i did the headgasket, intake/exhaust gasket, valve cover and valve seals.. started it up, let it warm up and bam.. same thing.. i really didnt understand cause this motor ran like a top but i assumed the rings were shot so i ordered up the 4th motor and started takin that one out.. at this point i had the mustang on the lift cause its getting a 6.0 and needed a tubular crossmember so i was doing the motor swap right were it sits in that pic.. took everything apart in the engine bay and crawled under the truck.. its then that i noticed that ONLY the cat was replaced and kinda second guessed my decission to take out this motor but i was already this far and all i had to do was take out the TC bolts, couple bolts that hold the trans to the motor and then the motor mounts.. pulled it out and the 4th motor litterally slid in like a glove.. 4 motors in the same truck you would think i would know what i was doing at this point though.. so i hooked everyhting back up in record time.. just 45 mins and fired it up.. at this point its getting late.. like 11 oclock so i just pulled it outside and let it run... then BAM.. smoke.. i got so pissed last night cause i knew i should have just hooked everyhting back up on the 3rd motor and drop the exhuast and let it run with open pipes that i just shut up the shop and left the thing outside.. this morning i dropped the exhaust and it was fine.. no smoke coming from the motor after an hour of running.. put the exhuast back up and it started to smoke again so i knew at this point it was the exhaust all along.. i called up my muffler guy and flipped out... he checked what the the kid charged me for and it was just a cat but the kid told me that he did the whole setup and charged me for it.. 200 buck.. i only pay 60 to get a cat replaced normally so he jerked me off and the boss.. opened up a can of worms over there thats for sure.. so i got my sweet revenge.. but anyways that my day.. im going to bed.. lol
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJuly 4th 2010, 3:55 am

pretty soon ill get good pictures of all the cadillacs in the shop cause we are gonna be putting the other 2 drive-on lifts up so he can free a little more space.. we gotta take all the cars out and clean them up while we are at it so there is a perfect photo opp instead of a poorly lite cluttered up pic.. once i get the last couple lingering projects out of the way we are doing that.. i got a jeep on 39s im doing a 360 dodge motor swap on and of coarse the 6 liter fox body but the mustang isnt anywere near ready so that may just sit where it is for now.. i have had it in and out of the shop putting together a roll cage, front subframe and frame supports on and i still gotta finish putting the motor together and carb swap setup.. the firebird is all back together and gonna be going to the dyno tuner and then down to the track for some videos.. should be bad butt.. it was putting the front tires off last time and now it has a better trans, swapped out the 3.23 rear gear for a 4.11, put a driveshaft hoop and 8 point cage in it so now i dont have to feather it on the last 1000ft so i dont go faster then 10 seconds.. should be pretty sssssswwwweeeettttt... lol.. the 2010 zr1 vette should be making and apperence too.. so much for keeping the firebird a street car.. lol
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs EmptyJuly 18th 2010, 12:22 am

well its been awhile since i updated this thread and alot of changes have crossed my mind..

first off.. the red truck is getting a new powerplant.. i finally got up the cash for the 98 LS1 out of the firebird race car so bye bye BB and hello rediculous powerplant.. every since i had the spark plug blow apart on the BB it hasnt really felt the same.. budy of mine made me an offer i couldnt refuse cause i wanted to do the same swap anyways.. 3K for his worked ls1, harness. ecu, and beefed up trans.. he is also throwing in a mosser 12 bolt with a posi and 3.73 gears thats been laying around for the fox body project.. he had to come up with the money for his twin turbo setup for the 6.0 motor thas going in firebird and he knew i wanted it.. im still gonna bag it cause i have the 74 for the track or vise versa.. pics to come when it comes out the bird..

yesterday i picked up the new motor for the 74 c10.. 07 5.3 low miles and all the accesories including the truck oil pan i needed.. i paid 400 for it but i still need to get a harness and ecu.. i have some surprises instore for yall but ill keep them to myself.. i have a feeling this truck is probley gonna be the one i keep and it evolves into one animal after the next..

pic of 5.3 with the 6.0 in the backround.. picked them both up for 1600 and they both have less then 30k on them.. 215th customs D4285990

the street/strip firebird is officially gonna be a STRIP car.. the5.5 inch ram air hood should be here tomorrow and once that goes on there is no seeing the passenger side in front of the car.. lol.. gonna need it to clear the TWIN turbos where we wanna put them..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

215th customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 215th customs   215th customs Empty

Back to top Go down

215th customs
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Truck Source :: Off-Topic :: Pride and Joy-
Jump to: