Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Hood Repainting?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

Hood Repainting? Empty
PostSubject: Hood Repainting?   Hood Repainting? EmptyAugust 20th 2009, 10:18 pm

While my truck looks nearly flawless (I'm not the only one who has said that) There is one major thing.

The hood. No dents, dings, not even a light ripple, BUT. the paint is bad. It still shines like a diamond, but, it has a lot of rock chips at the very front, AND, the paint is "flaking" around the edges some. Not bad, not really noticeable, but, still.

How much would you guys think it would cost me for a good body shop to match the hood to the truck? I guess the factory was 2 coats paint, 1-2 coats clear?

All that needs a repaint is the hood, but I want it to match.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

Hood Repainting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Repainting?   Hood Repainting? EmptyAugust 21st 2009, 1:56 am

a regular body shop will charge you an arm and a leg.. but if you can do the prep work yourself and take the hood off, macco will do it for a fair price.. they charge you an arm and a leg for prepping
Back to top Go down
SouthernDawg09
SouthernDawg09

Hood Repainting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Repainting?   Hood Repainting? EmptyAugust 21st 2009, 9:09 am

To bad your not down here. I would save you some money. Ide just take your hood to school and do it as a practice panel (I'm in auto collision repair until the quarter ends) lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hood Repainting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Repainting?   Hood Repainting? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hood Repainting?
Page 1 of 1