Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

need a some ideas

Go down 
+2
merlin5577
johnboggs21
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

need a some ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: need a some ideas   need a some ideas - Page 2 EmptyMay 17th 2010, 11:34 pm

could just use 1 off a dakota.. they're sealed tight
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: need a some ideas   need a some ideas - Page 2 EmptyMay 18th 2010, 12:54 pm

Now see I originally though about getting the breather hat off a 5.7L vortec but when I looked at one on my buddies tahoe the TB was way to small for my TBi.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: need a some ideas   need a some ideas - Page 2 EmptyMay 18th 2010, 12:58 pm

that's a good possibility.. the newer throttle bodies are somewhat smaller.. that's why i said the old style breather lol
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: need a some ideas   need a some ideas - Page 2 EmptyMay 18th 2010, 1:37 pm

I'm half tempted to have my cousin build me one from tin fiberglass and plastic fuller... The guy is amazing with body work so I figured this would be something he could build... Then I'll get one of those couplers and the pvc and go about it that way. I have no idea what it would look like yet but I'm just having brain waves right now.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: need a some ideas   need a some ideas - Page 2 EmptyMay 18th 2010, 1:40 pm

brain wave is better than a brain fart Laughing
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: need a some ideas   need a some ideas - Page 2 EmptyMay 18th 2010, 2:01 pm

lol ain't that the truth!! Well once again I got a brain wave and I just now ventured over to pirate and I think I found what I need! Although seeings how I don't have a motor that requires 1000cfm of air or will ever have a motor that requires 1000cfm of air I think I'll be ok with running 3" PVC from this air box down past the exhaust on the pass. side along the frame rail up through the bed and attach it to the double/single roll bar in the bed and then I will tap and thread holes for the tranny vent tcase vent rear axle vent and the front axle vent and the gas tank vent all without a mess of vent hoses running up uder my hood I'll just tap the holes into the pvc tubing as I come to the parts that need vents. Of course the front and rear axle and gas tank vents will have to be plumbed to the pvc but the tranny and the tcase I'll just run direct. So I think that's my plan of action... Now all I have to do is find the air box from a 1986 cadillac!

need a some ideas - Page 2 S5000510
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: need a some ideas   need a some ideas - Page 2 EmptyMay 18th 2010, 6:38 pm

there you go! lol
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: need a some ideas   need a some ideas - Page 2 EmptyMay 18th 2010, 7:36 pm

I know right that's what I was thinking!!
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: need a some ideas   need a some ideas - Page 2 EmptyMay 18th 2010, 7:40 pm

P.S. - under the hood on that truck is pretty nasty.. by no means were my engine bays show worthy, but i at least kept them cleaner than that.. even if covered by a layer of mud.. lol
Back to top Go down
FaselZ71
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member
FaselZ71

PostSubject: Re: need a some ideas   need a some ideas - Page 2 EmptyMay 18th 2010, 8:12 pm

Yeah true... That's just one of his photo's the inside of the cab doesn't even have a dash! It's strictly a truck to beat the fudge out of!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need a some ideas   need a some ideas - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

need a some ideas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2