Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

New England humor

Go down 
+2
doc_auto
merlin5577
6 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin5577
Admin
Admin
merlin5577

New England humor Empty
PostSubject: New England humor   New England humor EmptyApril 4th 2010, 5:38 pm

Hearty New Englanders

Here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about New Englanders...

"Forget Rednecks ......."

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you live in New England .

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you live in New England .

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you live in New England .

If 'Vacation' means going anywhere south of New York City for the weekend, you live in New England .

If you measure distance in hours, you live in New England .

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you live in New England.

If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C' in the same day and back again, you live in New England.

If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England .

If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, you live in New England .

If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you live in New England.

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you live in New England.

If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph you're going 80 and everybody is passing you, you live in New England .

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow,you live in New England.

If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction, you live in New England .

If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England .

If you find 10 degrees 'a little chilly', you live in New England .

If there's a Dunkin Donuts on every corner, you live in New England .

If you think everyone else has a funny accent, you live in New England.

If you actually understand these jokes, and forward them to all your New England friends & others, you live or have lived in New England .
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

New England humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New England humor   New England humor EmptyApril 4th 2010, 7:41 pm

haha the a/c and heater can be done here too.
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

New England humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New England humor   New England humor EmptyApril 4th 2010, 10:34 pm

ya alotta those are Southern IL
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

New England humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New England humor   New England humor EmptyApril 4th 2010, 10:44 pm

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you live in New England .

If you measure distance in hours, you live in New England .

If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you live in New England.

If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph you're going 80 and everybody is passing you, you live in New England .

If there's a Dunkin Donuts on every corner, you live in New England .

If you think everyone else has a funny accent, you live in New England.

^ pretty much all of these work for any part of the country lol
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

New England humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New England humor   New England humor EmptyApril 4th 2010, 11:09 pm

not me! lol. not all of em at least. i'm a country boy in a small-ish town. we dont even ave starbucks thank dog EDIT* i mean you know who.

Last edited by doc_auto on April 4th 2010, 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i dont thank dogs lol.)
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

New England humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New England humor   New England humor EmptyApril 4th 2010, 11:13 pm

doc_auto wrote:
we dont even ave starbucks

i wish the rest of the world was like that!
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

New England humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New England humor   New England humor EmptyApril 4th 2010, 11:14 pm

All of these work for utah, except the mileage on the snow blower..... We just use the farm tractors here...
Back to top Go down
Jared Olson for SO IL
Valued Member
Valued Member
Jared Olson for SO IL

New England humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New England humor   New England humor EmptyApril 5th 2010, 1:04 am

doc_auto wrote:
not me! lol. not all of em at least. i'm a country boy in a small-ish town. we dont even ave starbucks thank dog EDIT* i mean you know who.

try livin outside of a town wit pop. 350 lol
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

New England humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New England humor   New England humor EmptyApril 6th 2010, 1:54 am

haha the town closest to us, emhouse, is 150 on sunday. but the next town, corsicana, has 30,000-ish including the illegals.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

New England humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New England humor   New England humor EmptyApril 6th 2010, 2:04 am

2500 legal citizens and 27,500 illegals? lol!
Back to top Go down
1993GMCSierra
Hyperactive Member
Hyperactive Member
1993GMCSierra

New England humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New England humor   New England humor EmptyApril 6th 2010, 12:48 pm

79_bronco wrote:
2500 legal citizens and 27,500 illegals? lol!

Yeah, it's called Miami.
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

New England humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New England humor   New England humor EmptyApril 6th 2010, 2:25 pm

no, we're talking texas here lol.. miami is 500 legals and 100,000 illegals Laughing
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

New England humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New England humor   New England humor EmptyApril 6th 2010, 4:54 pm

I live in a town of 15000, and its the biggest town within 3 hours travel
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

New England humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New England humor   New England humor EmptyApril 7th 2010, 2:04 am

yeah you're out in the mountain sticks. dang i think i would go crazy with the terrain and the height. i think we're 300-400 ft above sea level.
Back to top Go down
batty1214
Valued Member
Valued Member
batty1214

New England humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New England humor   New England humor EmptyApril 8th 2010, 12:21 am

doc_auto wrote:
. yeah you're out in the mountain sticks. dang i think i would go crazy with the terrain and the height. i think we're 300-400 ft above sea level.
. What'da mean height would make ya crazy? Town is only 5,280 feet above sea level, in the 20 miles to work I'm sitting at 7700 feet, in 45 minute drive I can be sitting at 10,300 feet above sea level..... However, I come there, my truck would run fairly good, you come up here, yours would run like ?;"+.......... If it was a carbed vehicle anyway....... Its great up here where oxygen just isn't as easy to get as there
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

New England humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New England humor   New England humor EmptyApril 8th 2010, 12:32 am

screw that! i like it right here, where there's plenty of oxygen to go around Laughing
Back to top Go down
doc_auto
Overactive Member
Overactive Member
doc_auto

New England humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New England humor   New England humor EmptyApril 8th 2010, 1:38 am

yeah i remember hearin my dad say you could rent carburetors up there tuned for your altitude. and for every 1000 ft above sea level you lose roughly 3% of your horsepower.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New England humor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New England humor   New England humor Empty

Back to top Go down

New England humor
Page 1 of 1