Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Your Truck Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Truck Source

RULES  HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Have you told all your friends about the excitement here at MyTruckSource.com?
Have a new ride you want to show off? Or you want to see our other members rides? Check out our PRIDE & JOY Forum!

Information needed on air ride suspension

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

Information needed on air ride suspension Empty
PostSubject: Information needed on air ride suspension   Information needed on air ride suspension EmptyMarch 29th 2010, 6:32 am

like the title says, i am requestion somebody with expeirence give me some info on the slammed air ride kits, whats out there and what i can use for my mazda, how to go about slamming the suspension on a budget, i want it low, can anyone show me/tell me how, and what air ride system should be the cheapest but the best one for my mazda. thanks

Information needed on air ride suspension 23530300023_large
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Information needed on air ride suspension   Information needed on air ride suspension EmptyMarch 29th 2010, 1:02 pm

what ever you do stay away from ride tech or air ride technology. they are cheap but you get what you pay for.. you dont want to be going down the highway and have a bag blow out at 70mph.. it has happened to to many people i know and it cause so much damage to there truck it wasnt funny.. there are so many other companies out there that you shouldnt have a hard time finding what you want and a mazda is a very common truck to drop as you may already know..

what you need are 2 inch drop spindles, a rear 3 or 4 link kit and c-notches.. if you are plannning to run a big rim and tire combo then your are gonna have to remove your front inner fender wells and probley cut into the firewall.. if you wanna run line a stock size diameter tire then you shouldnt have to do eather.. its more of a modify as needed type of thing.. for the back your probley gonna have to cut out the middle part of your bed to clearance the C-notches and wheels.. basically you want to take the bed off the truck and do all your frame work witht he notches and 4 link and then cut the bed as needed.. i have done a few bag jobs and unless your not looking to lay frame then this is what you have to do..

if you want to go a cheaper route in the rear then you can take all your leaf spring out excet the one that has both hangers on it and do a mono leaf bag setup and a small c-notch.. it all depends on how low you want to go and the budget you have.
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Information needed on air ride suspension   Information needed on air ride suspension EmptyMarch 29th 2010, 2:20 pm

ok, how about this. i bring my truck up there to you and you can help me?

but seriously, great information, it does help quite a bit. i dont want to run huge tires or rims, probably the biggest rim i will throw under it are 18's, and right now im running 14's. i dont want to destroy the bed, but if i hve to cut it out to make ay for the suspension for the rear, i wont hesitate. i want it not super low, but low enough to be noticed. this is the only thing i can do with this truck because #1 its only 2wd and lift kits arent readily available for 2wd mazdas, and #2 the slammed mini trucks look bad butt. i have been searching through mini truckin's website and im liking what i see. i actually want to go with more of a rat rod look, flat black wheels with white walls, maybe a flat black paint job or gunmetal colored, im not sure yet, but right now im only focusing on getting it on the ground.
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Information needed on air ride suspension   Information needed on air ride suspension EmptyMarch 29th 2010, 2:26 pm

well then get a mini notch kit and mono leaf it.. youll get about a 8 inch drop in the rear and you wont have to molest you bed other then your wheel tubs.. for the front you get 2 inch drop spindles and youll have to modily you front spring pockets and lower control arms to make them work with the bags... then its just a matter of mounting your tank in the bed or under the bed by the rear bumper and plumbing your lines and valves.. i would hae no problem with you bringing your truck to me with all the parts but it would take about 2 weeks to do..
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Information needed on air ride suspension   Information needed on air ride suspension EmptyMarch 29th 2010, 4:57 pm

ok, that sounds pretty good. after i graduate im going up to ohio and then connecticut to visit family, not this summer but next summer, so on the way to connecticut i can drop the truck off to you and then ride with my aunt kelly. another alternative i was looking at for putting this truck lower to the ground is putting the 2" drop spindles in the front ( i looked then up and i saw some about 350 bucks) and then dropping it 4" in the rear, so there would be no air ride it will just always be lower. thats a cheaper alternative i came up with, and i want the stance of the truck to be alot lower than it is. right now it sits pretty high in the back and the front is a little bit lower. would a 2/4 drop kit still give me enough clearance to drive it everyday without bottoming out on speed bumps? i want it low but not so low that i will have to worry about where i can and cannot drive it, something like this...

Information needed on air ride suspension No_photo_300px
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Information needed on air ride suspension   Information needed on air ride suspension EmptyMarch 29th 2010, 6:40 pm

a 2/4 drop is a common alternative to air ride.. speed bumps wouldnt be a problem and you can do it alot cheaper then 350 bucks.. you just got to cut the coils in the front and put a 20dollar flip kit on the rear.. then you just need to get a set of shocks ment for a lowered truck and you would be set for less then 100 bucks and it would still ride pretty good..
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Information needed on air ride suspension   Information needed on air ride suspension EmptyMarch 29th 2010, 7:40 pm

well, i want to get the drop spindles for the front, not just cut the springs. but if you think they will hold up i would love your help, like i said, if my motor keeps on running ill take it up to ohio and met you in PA where we can work on it together
Back to top Go down
007jimmy
007jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Information needed on air ride suspension   Information needed on air ride suspension EmptyMarch 29th 2010, 8:35 pm

these control arms are a little better on the wallet but they are still expensive.. ill keep searchin to see what i can find..

http://www.stylintrucks.com/sn.aspx?category|category_root|-30=Suspension&category|cat_-30|373=Lowering+Parts
Back to top Go down
Trucker_Eric
Valued Member
Valued Member
Trucker_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Information needed on air ride suspension   Information needed on air ride suspension EmptyMarch 29th 2010, 8:41 pm

thanks man, my goal pic is my signature
Back to top Go down
79_bronco
Almost Addicted Member
Almost Addicted Member

PostSubject: Re: Information needed on air ride suspension   Information needed on air ride suspension EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 3:40 am

007jimmy wrote:
what ever you do stay away from ride tech or air ride technology. they are cheap but you get what you pay for..

since when is air ride tech cheap?! your best bet is to piece it all together.. it'll be cheaper in the long run.. if you're seriously thinking about it, i could throw together a list for under 750 bucks.. all the same crap i bought for my S10.. minus the 4 link and drop spindles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Information needed on air ride suspension   Information needed on air ride suspension Empty

Back to top Go down

Information needed on air ride suspension
Page 1 of 1